Chrisglover09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon and Mac
My Location
Essex
Hi,

I’ve just dug out an old Horizon Meter and wanted to know if anyone knows how/what I need to do to update all the files TPS & FIRMWARE.

Cheers

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Take a look at this thread "Horizon HDSM USB - Latest Firmware and software". SOmewhere there is a link to a settings editor.

Not sure if it will work with all models. The problem with Horizon meters is that they were originally made to download the settings from a web page of Horizon Meters as an executable. You would select/edit the satellites and then download a specifically made executable that would update the meter. Sounds fine and easy, but turns out to be a major blow, now that the Horizon website no longer exists.

Chrisglover09

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon and Mac
My Location
Essex
Might be worth just buying another meter..

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Which model, current firmware, and what do you want from it should it successfully upgrade ?

jaimauk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky tv
My Location
Scotland
Hi, Can anyone help with Horizon usb plus satellite list with Sky Q transponders, unfortunately my old laptop with everything Horizon satellite on it was binned.
I require a sat list from Turksat 42E to Hispasat 30W possibly with Sky Q if anyone can help please it is truly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited: