2.4dh&2.4anderson

Abo omar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I love satlite
My Location
Cairo
welcome
I hope to share the opinion of all those who have experience in this ancient forum in the trade-off and choose between these two dishes 2.4dh & 2.4anderson
They are the same diameter 232
I hope to get the data of the two real classes
Thanks

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
welcome
I hope to share the opinion of all those who have experience in this ancient forum in the trade-off and choose between these two dishes 2.4dh & 2.4anderson
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I have not heard of the Anderson dish but the DH dishes are top class, very high quality dishes. There was a forum topic a few years ago that covered the installation of a 2.3m DH single piece spun aluminium prime focus dish, I have pasted the link below.

I notice from your avatar that you are in Cairo, unless you have an option locally to buy a new or used DH dish you will probably need to import one from the USA if you decide on the DH make. They ship internationally and offer the option of having their larger dishes as a 4 piece sectional dish for easier shipping.

The sectional DH dish is originally spun as a single piece dish, then a frame is attached to the dish to secure it in place while it is laser cut into 4 sections. To the best of my knowledge, their tests have shown that the DH sectional dish performs as good as the equivalent single piece dish.

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
welcome
Thanks

Hello again,

The topic I have linked to below might be informative? It is a discussion about 2.4m dishes and the DH brand gets a good recommendation.

Abo omar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I love satlite
My Location
Cairo
Thank you all for the reply
Actually I'm from Cairo
As for the dh dish, it was imported from Greece in 2017, which is one piece, new, with a net diameter of 232 and a depth of approximately 37.1.
The Anderson dish is very old for almost 20 years, but it is in a very good condition.
But puzzling that in fact is the highest reference in the two layers and the best knowing the two layers were installed in a very professional way
So I want advice in choosing between the two classes because I have to give up one of them unfortunately
Finally I have read the subject referred to by a good reading and benefited a lot of it and applied all what I learned on my plate but the result is still as it is superior to Anderson dish obviously on the dish dh
I will put some pictures of the two dishes later
And I hope everyone who has any data and pictures of the Anderson dish put it here so I benefit more and thank you all my friends

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Thank you all for the reply
Actually I'm from Cairo
As for the dh dish, it was imported from Greece in 2017, which is one piece, new, with a net diameter of 232 and a depth of approximately 37.1.
The Anderson dish is very old for almost 20 years, but it is in a very good condition.
But puzzling that in fact is the highest reference in the two layers and the best knowing the two layers were installed in a very professional way
So I want advice in choosing between the two classes because I have to give up one of them unfortunately
Finally I have read the subject referred to by a good reading and benefited a lot of it and applied all what I learned on my plate but the result is still as it is superior to Anderson dish obviously on the dish dh
I will put some pictures of the two dishes later
And I hope everyone who has any data and pictures of the Anderson dish put it here so I benefit more and thank you all my friends

The Anderson data you need for a comparison is on the second page of the link I provided at the beginning of the week

Abo omar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I love satlite
My Location
Cairo
The Anderson data you need for a comparison is on the second page of the link I provided at the beginning of the week

Thanks brother but this is the data for the offset dish and I want the data for the main focus.

Edited by Staff (@Lazarus) to remove non-English quotation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks brother but this is the data for the offset dish and I want the data for the main focus.

Edited by Staff (@Lazarus) to remove non-English quotation.

Anything else you might have forgotten to mention ?

Abo omar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I love satlite
My Location
Cairo
This is a picture of the dish I am talking about which is produced by trou focus

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That looks like a P8 (possibly P8H) model. a picture of the front and side will identify it.

Very nice antenna.

Abo omar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I love satlite
My Location
Cairo
That looks like a P8 (possibly P8H) model. a picture of the front and side will identify it.

Very nice antenna.
These are some pictures during the comparison and adjustment of the two layers and the installation of anchors and supports to adjust the warp