4 years on and i still dont understand

thegilston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamcast 7020
motorised dish
My Location
leicester boy
)(-redHi everyone, i brought a 7020 about 4 and a bit years ago. The reason was for the football and the xxx. I didn'thave a clue what it did (still don't) and the day i went to my local sat dealer i only wanted to get basics, hotbird 2 cards. The salesman must of been ontop of his game and a hour later i'd spent 4 5 times more than i was going to. The good thing i got from this, was he set everything up, and i mean everything. He put me on to his card share, and i never looked back.

Occasionally i'd pop in as it stopped for a day or so.. I had every channel i wanted. to many. How much mature content can a YOUNG watch eh eh......... Anyway 2 years later the sat mamn said he was knocking it on the head and i at to go to someone else/ And he was 2 hour drive away. So i thought what i'd do is just by the proper cards for wanted i wanted. mature content mature content and football wohoo!!! This is the thing, instead of me having to pay three hundred a year for these cards is there a easer way, cheaper, maybe get more channels like the old times. these cards finish in 2 weeks. I've read the guide for idiots. and i struggled reading that.

Boy i havent a clue, and with the big names, abrivations i dont know my elbow from armpit.. Thick slow dozy and very ignorant, but i'm this is far to tecnicaland heavy for me. Or i is it??? is there a newer box, easier way??? i'm just asking, finding and grabbing at things. Because deep down i know this box can give me more. that my channels on hotbird. And thas the only sat ive been using for last 2 year.

Sorry for being to thick :confusedand for mty terrible spellling

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Three hundred quid a year is good - if you want a subscription to Sky Italia its nearer eight hundred a year from uk dealers :D

Yu cant hack anything on Hotbird these days so its card share or subscribe.

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
1) I am sorry to hear a salesmen is offering cardshare for a profit...this should never happen

2) I hear this all the time...people buying a linux based receiver...when they havnt got a clue what to do with it...a Dreambox is a hobby box which needs constant attention, maintenance and it needs half decent IT skills from its user...its by no means a family friendly plun and play box

3) Forget about keys....the only way to open channels is thru a sub or cs///just like Mr A says.

4) The good news is that your box is pretty much future proof for the foreseable future...its one helluva box too

5) Is your box still connected to your router?

6) What image are you using?

7) What satellites do you have access too?

8) what emulater (emu, softcam) are you using? cccam? gbox?

tell us a bit more and ill try and help you

thegilston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamcast 7020
motorised dish
My Location
leicester boy
Analoguesat said:
Three hundred quid a year is good - if you want a subscription to Sky Italia its nearer eight hundred a year from uk dealers :D

Yu cant hack anything on Hotbird these days so its card share or subscribe.
Really!! !!! that does surprise me. i'm always looking through the forums and it seems thats the only thing that goes on. So thanks for putting me straight. Yeah its me three cards again then unless i can find a card share... but thats gonna be impossible, as know one is allowed to speak the word or ever mention it on forums i'm still told!!!!!