Nottinghamshire

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
So, which 4g freq. does your current mobile provider use in your specific location? Basically, a cheap box with only one 4g freq may see nothing useful even if 1 meter from a tower. afaik, 4g in use in uk: 800MHz, 1400MHz, 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz, 2600MHz.

btw, a comment to my previous post ? Thanks.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
One of the things to be aware of when buying such tech from china is some sellers aren't always honest, or even know what they're selling, when it comes to specs, so may just copy & paste from similar listings, personally I'd say this booster is probably not rated for anything newer than 3G given the listed frequencies, not to mention the lack of regulation given the device could be swamping out other peoples' signal elsewhere...

One other thought in my head is the booster may be actually be overloading the antenna input on the 4G router, E.G. imagine having AC-DC's stage amps strapped to your ears instead of headphones; the outputted signal being just too "loud" for the receiver circuitry to deal with given the booster is apparently intended to be connected to an internal transceiver antenna dome, meaning it has to have an output amplifier built in to transmit enough signal from the dome to be received by a mobile device rather than a direct connection...

And that antenna, looks more like what you'd use on top of a portable telly in the 90s from Argos...