chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
I have been content with my dreambox 7000 for quite a few years, but recently had to look at the possibility of updating it.
I remember the fun (as it was then) of playing with different images that gave up various tastes but the writers never messed around with the actual workings of the software.
Now we find that not only have the writers messed around and f***** up a perfectly good base image but they stipulate this was their last try and we are stuck with their inability to resolve it.

I speak of the Navilosat Darkstar 2 DM7000; which I installed to see if I could sort out the problem of the white sly card as my 7025 had flipped out to a non working state.

This software that I knew and loved has been changed beyond all recognition, the operation of recording has been messed up, areas such as manual editing has been removed from its original position and other areas in the setup menu are just not there.
Try pushing the blue button which used to select access to the emulators and it does something completely different, try the yellow button and it goes into record.

So after all this, WHY do people release something that is just not finished and present people with a program that is not useful and has only one purpose of increasing your blood pressure - perhaps they are hoping you have a heart attack and leave them alone.

So before I have my second one, heres my gripe.

In other words, if you cannot get it right, do not launch it to the masses, delete your efforts and try something completely different like riding a bike.

Chris Found

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
If you dont like Darkstar II, why not flash it with Gemini or one of the many other available images?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nabilo 6 was the last decent image the NS team made. The rest have been pants in one way or another.

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
Hi
I feel I have to agree to disagree here, the original one I had (Davinci) stayed in my machine for a few years; so easy to use which was important for my over-aged kids.

The only problem and the reason for moving was to try and get my white sly card working on it.
Sadly it has always been one step forward and twenty steps back

Now that my newly acquired 7025 has gone to the dust, I am now looking at how the 7000 can be re-employed - admittedly this has been the most relaible of the two and I am glad I kept it.

Next is the white card part of this forum