Newbie Here Advice on card subscription

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
One of my original setups from "back in the day": My multi LNB Set-up

Sent from my T5 using Tapatalk

stephen211270

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M3
Maxx Digital Satellite Dish 1.1m
NVERTO BLACK ULTRA HIGH GAIN SINGLE LNB
SUPREME DARK MOTOR LED METAL GEAR DiSEqC 1.2 / 1.3 USALS
My Location
Liverpool L4
That's what I said 8 years ago about another persons setup :), ive worked dam hard since then and still am, I've only just started being rewarded for my efforts :).
you've done good mate hope I have a setup like that one day I do still think you need one more BIG dish lol

all the beIN Sports channels on 7.3w are still showing 50 to 59% signal quality the free one is still on might try see if I can up the quality a bit any thoughts guys a different Lmb maybe ?

Last edited:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
hope I have a setup like that one day I do still think you need one more BIG dish lol

all the beIN Sports channels on 7.3w are still showing 50 to 59% signal quality the free one is still on might try see if I can up the quality a bit any thoughts guys a different Lmb maybe ?

I hope you do pal :),

Check the signal in the day time you should see a big drop that an lnb wouldn't sort out :(, i might be wrong though you will have to let us know :)

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
My past viewing cards:

uploadfromtaptalk1444725068122.jpg

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Blimey... I have a few as well. Current ones are Sky UK, Viasat, FocusSat and Sky Causasus (CAM module). Previous ones are all incarnations of Sky UK cards (including analogue), Canal Digital Finland and an ancient MTV Europe networks card for when they were encrypted in Cryptoworks. The latter worked for a good number of years.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
$ky analogue cards? That would take me wayyyyyy back, wish my dad had kept ours.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yeah, I started this thing in 1993, when I was 12(!).. I am not even going to mention the number of PIC/SNAC/Fun cards I had...

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Any "hobby" modules still in use? Got to be I'd say, not necessarily for card emulation but as a legit CAM emulator.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
No doubt cards that still work in a non-paired, non-CI+ module are happy to work in hobby ones. The only one I owned was an original Irdeto one, reflashed to work with all CA systems and those early-days all-in-one PIC cards.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Yip, that's what I was thinking, I know there was a CAM available called the "One" that could be programmed work with $ky Germany's NDS card as well some other popular German packs.

stephen211270

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M3
My Location
Liverpool L4
Check the signal in the day time you should see a big drop that an lnb wouldn't sort out :(, i might be wrong though you will have to let us know :)
you are spot on martin:cool: on 7.3w not even getting a stiff of a signal still good on 19.2e . why does it drop in the daytime

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
you are spot on martin:cool: on 7.3w not even getting a stiff of a signal still good on 19.2e . why does it drop in the daytime

I am insure tbh may be noise levels ?, a more experienced member should be able to tell us more :).

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Satellite wobble, atmospherics etc... any number of reasons. Not visible on satellites where you are in the middle of the footprint but you notice it on the edges, as 7.3W is.

A

Archive4

Satellite wobble, atmospherics etc... any number of reasons. Not visible on satellites where you are in the middle of the footprint but you notice it on the edges, as 7.3W is.
Don´t forget all the other " pollution " ie, electro magnetic interference caused by every day items such as mobile phones, industrial machinery, microwaves, incorrectly suppressed car and motorcycle engines etc, etc etc.... which all tend to go lower at night!

stephen211270

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M3
My Location
Liverpool L4
just found this out lol signal to noise increase & decrease and the main reason is the position of the sun.so thats why my quility bar is rubbish in the day on 7.3w

A

Archive4

just found this out lol signal to noise increase & decrease and the main reason is the position of the sun.so thats why my quility bar is rubbish in the day on 7.3w
I´m glad it gave you a laugh, let´s face it, we all need one, from time to time, when chasing ghosts!
Not exactly correct, well it is, but , only at certain times of the year, and only twice!
Please advise name of wine, I´ll note it for the future.

stephen211270

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M3
My Location
Liverpool L4
I´m glad it gave you a laugh, let´s face it, we all need one, from time to time, when chasing ghosts!
Not exactly correct, well it is, but , only at certain times of the year, and only twice!
Please advise name of wine, I´ll note it for the future.
only twice and certain time of year debatable. no wine :)not really chasing a ghost and the laugh well why not:rolleyes: