Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
The main reason i suggest a multi lnb setup is because:

a motor setup will not let you watch to satellites at the same time for example if you want to watch something on freesat upstairs then you can only watch astra 28.2 down stairs.

i don't personally like installing bid dish's in chimneys its not safe, runs a high risk of moving out of alignment as you cant drill a bracket into a chimney, it has to be strapped round so is never fully tight/rigged.

The only other way if you wanted a motor would be to have that going directly to your media center then a separate dish for your freesat

sb_uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Satellite yet
My Location
Liverpool
jonwisbey said:
The main reason i suggest a multi lnb setup is because:

a motor setup will not let you watch to satellites at the same time for example if you want to watch something on freesat upstairs then you can only watch astra 28.2 down stairs.

i don't personally like installing bid dish's in chimneys its not safe, runs a high risk of moving out of alignment as you cant drill a bracket into a chimney, it has to be strapped round so is never fully tight/rigged.

The only other way if you wanted a motor would be to have that going directly to your media center then a separate dish for your freesat

As I said, I am pretty flexible with what I want. If there isn't alot of difference between the cost of a motorised dish but same feed upstairs and down and the fixed dish separate LNB option then I would be willing to consider that. I have already got a price for a fixed dish from a local installer but that was based on a usual 'sky' sized dish

I guess it all comes down to cost so I should talk nice to the moderators so I can PM you

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

vandit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.0 m dish
technomate receiver
protek receiver
My Location
liverpool
Hi guys, Got a few problems with my motorised dish. Been told i need a T&K fitted as cannot receive some satellites, Any ideas on price. am in Liverpool 12. Many Thanks

ace8664

Reaction score
Hi John

Could you please give me a price on setting up my motorised dish, it was setup and i have changed my receiver so would need it setting up/some advice, can you please pm to give prices etc, I live in Liverpool.

Thanks in advance admins for activating pm :)

Paul

UK Sat Online

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
Aerial & Satellite installer covering Wirral & Merseyside

Domestic and commercial Aerial and satellite systems.

Aerials: new installations, extra points, TV link upgrades, repairs and troubleshooting.

Satellite: Authorised Sky seller/installer, Re-alignments, fixed dish installs, Motorised/multi lnb installs, freesat

Audio/Video: Surround sound setup, TV wall hanging, Hi Def distribution,

Also system design for Diy available

Coming very soon new online store