Any advice appreciated..

Fatfil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
media servered by 586 on gigabit network, Kiss dp1500, neuston mc500, netgear mp101, dbox2, sky satalite, tv broasdcast over coax, audio and media via cat6 gigabit net
My Location
UK
Hi all,

I have my sky, central dvd, central video, and analoge cablebox systems hidden away and distributed through a uhf amp to every room using IR repeaters to controll. There are 2 main video/tv outlets, living room and bedroom, and 2 seldom used, Garage/workshop, toyroom/gym.
Music and Digital media are held on an old 586 box and nas devices, and played trough a KISS DP1500 and neuston mc500.

The analoge cable box gives me a limited number of freeview channels from ntl, and all the shopping channels ;)

Terrestrial TV reception where i live is terrible, thats why the cable analoge box has been used so we can get bbc1 etc while recording a satalite channel, or visa versa. But the analoge cable freeview service is no longer being supported??

I have a desktop Athalon 800mhz with a pc tv card which gives me a pvr over the selected and broadcast sky channel, but not freeview channels, and the remote is in conflict with the sky remote, trying to lower tv volume starts a system scan!!!!!..

I herd about Dbox's and thought this sounds like an excellant way to add another media device to my home system giving me a virtual PVR for free to view digital channels(ALL I AM INTERESTED IN*****) and another device to give me access to my networked media allowing the neuston box to go into the playroom or garage, alowing me to junk or ebay the anoying mp101....

So I bought one, and it arrived this morning, so just like a kid at christmas i
plugged it in, connected to the cable feed, and booted it up, set it up with a static ip addy, ftp'd the file to give me access to the free to view channels, and nothing!!!!

So I scanned for channels..... nothing, over UK sources

so I connected up to my cable modem link..... nothging!!!!

Er what now?

Also while settuing up I have the box connected through the scart lead, to a TV set, while the dbox is turned on the signal seems to bleed through and swamp over all the other tv channels, this overridding ghosting stops when the dbox is shut down. Though when working I intend to feed this through a scart to rf modulator. but its anoying....

please any advice is going to be appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid you are straying into the cable TV field and it is one which we do not discuss on the forum, be it free to air or otherwise. this section is dedicated to the satellite DBox.