Wanted Anyone got a Non Penetrating Roof Mount for a 1.2 CM

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Looking for advice on what to install
My Location
Kent UK
Anyone got a Non Penetrating Roof Mount suitable to fit a CM 1.2 with a 1224 motor mount fit? One that comes apart would be nice.
I have a one piece mount and it doesn't come to bits to make it easy to get it up there. Its just too heavy. Its a 3 inch vertical mast, sleeved over a thinner pipe with three legs at the bottom (adjustable) made up from 4 inch RSJs! Just too heavy to put over my shoulder and climb the ladder. When I find the mount I need, this one will be up for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 29

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The dish I sold TJ a while ago came with a three leg IRTE mount that could be taken apart, all that I did to ensure it fitted was find some 4.5 inch U bolts and 'persuade' them to fit.

What stops you from drilling through the metalwork and just bolt three council sized (600 x 600 ) pavement slabs ?
Fit a pond membrane undeneath if it is on a felt roof but the loading will be minimal.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I have such a NPRM with 76mm pipe, 120cm high. Have promised it to friend of mine couple of month ago. I can ask whether he still needs it. If not, you could get it, but shipping will cost some bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180831_101150 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180831_101150 (Large).jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20180831_101211 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180831_101211 (Large).jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 35

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
Hi CH.
The IRTE mount I think you may be referring to, TJ still has with a 1.8 dish on it, and its for sale on that well known auction site. The mount I have came with the 1.2 CM that I purchased from TJ but its too heavy to get up onto my flat roof. I've thought about cutting it up and making it into an assembly project, but I thought I'd have a try at finding something else before I cut it up and get the mig out.
I thought about hauling it up by rope but the ground floor part of the bungalow is about a meter wider than the upper floor so making it more than an easy task. I can get the slabs through a Velux window which is really close to the flat roof but that stand won't pass through it and I'd really prefer it to be one that I can get down if I need to.

Rima. That looks like a good start to a decent stand! If your mate doesn't have it I'd be interested. I'd need the size and weight for a courier collection though. Steve

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi CH.
The IRTE mount I think you may be referring to, TJ still has with a 1.8 dish on it, and its for sale on that well known auction site. The mount I have came with the 1.2 CM that I purchased from TJ but its too heavy to get up onto my flat roof. I've thought about cutting it up and making it into an assembly project, but I thought I'd have a try at finding something else before I cut it up and get the mig out.
I thought about hauling it up by rope but the ground floor part of the bungalow is about a meter wider than the upper floor so making it more than an easy task. I can get the slabs through a Velux window which is really close to the flat roof but that stand won't pass through it and I'd really prefer it to be one that I can get down if I need to.

I do have others here as TJ (and a couple of others) know, but once again you would need the 4.5" u clamps and collect from KT8.

A bit overkill for a 1.2m but they are solid, galvanised and will outlast the CM mount by a good few years.

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
As you know, the 1224 motor I has 3 inch so I'm going to need something with a pole to suit. As you say, 4.5 inch would probably be over doing it a bit! Nice thought though....but a possibility.
I may have to actually make something I think.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can buy one, I got a 3" non penetrating roof mount stand a few years back.
similar to this, but it was cheaper.
Code:
http://www.trade-works.co.uk/bracketry-masts-c16/patio-roof-mounts-c67/non-penetrating-roof-mount-c335/antiference-3-x-3-non-penetrating-roof-patio-mount-p2142

Try an internet search for 3" Non Penetrating roof mount.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
As you know, the 1224 motor I has 3 inch so I'm going to need something with a pole to suit. As you say, 4.5 inch would probably be over doing it a bit! Nice thought though....but a possibility.
I may have to actually make something I think.

You could make a 4.5" to 3" pole adapter from two pieces of steel pipe, some steel plate and a few nuts.

I had one fabricated that I have used with a Jaeger 1224 motor and an IRTE galvanised ground stand with 4.5" pole, picture attached below There is also a link below to the forum topic that reviews this option. As you have previously indicated that you are good at fabrication and have welding equipment this might be a cheap option to allow use of your Jaeger 1224 with one of the ground stands offered by "Channel Hopper"? The useful thing about IRTE ground stands is that they dismantle into individual struts and central pole making them easy to transport and install.

Just Sharing This - 4.5" to 3" Pole Adapter

Pole adapters can also be bought from Satellite Superstore but I think they are made to order and are quite expensive.

Attachments

• Pole Adapter.jpg
    Pole Adapter.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 35

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
And I actually have the said adapter from SSS lying in the garage unused. It cost me a lot of money but I guess I need to get rid of it sooner or later for whatever price anyone offers me!

I do also have a cleaned up 3" stand which can be taken apart but it needs painting (currently just primed).

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
Hi CJ. Well I don't mind a bit of painting! Are you a million miles from Maidstone? Steve

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I am in Somerset. Used to live in Tunbridge Wells for a short while and it's about a 3 hour trek to here, given the car park that is M25.

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
Cj. Have you got a picture of it by any chance? I've got a courier that just operates in the south and you don't have to wrap it. When you think of the amount of fuel involved it makes good sense.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I do not but I'll dig it out tomorrow and take some.