As vinyl is making a comeback

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Looks like a ceramic cartridge, not that great quality considering I bought two of them cartridges for £1 each this morning... :-lol

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Record players , especially those in furniture cabinets are now quite collectable. Very few remain unsold on the usual auction site.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
I've bought three in the past couple of years, Pioneer PL-300, PL-400 and PL-720, first one became spare parts for the second, and the third was going cheap so nabbed it cos it had a good lid that fit the 400 nicely... :)

Also bought a Neostar all-in-one "convert your old albums to digital" (128kbps at most, but very compressed, sounding like DAB radio) POS, but that thing is truly awful, about the only thing I like about it is the bluetooth speaker function...

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I've bought three in the past couple of years, Pioneer PL-300, PL-400 and PL-720, first one became spare parts for the second, and the third was going cheap so nabbed it cos it had a good lid that fit the 400 nicely... :)

Also bought a Neostar all-in-one "convert your old albums to digital" (128kbps at most, but very compressed, sounding like DAB radio) POS, but that thing is truly awful, about the only thing I like about it is the bluetooth speaker function...

The link in the first post gives the lucky purchaser a complete sound system for LPs and singles, all one has to do is plug it in.

A Soundwagon wannabe, for those that have short memories and like their vinyl damaged.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The link in the first post gives the lucky purchaser a complete sound system for LPs and singles, all one has to do is plug it in.

A Soundwagon wannabe, for those that have short memories and like their vinyl damaged.

Lucky? Nah, they'd have to spend some more money fixing it so it doesn't sound poo... :-rofl2

As for that RokBlok thing, jeez, I remember those little VW hippiebus things that did that, they sounded even worse than a cheap turntable, but people like their toys, even though they'll ultimately ruin their prized collection...:-doh

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Lucky? Nah, they'd have to spend some more money fixing it so it doesn't sound poo... :-rofl2

As for that RokBlok thing, jeez, I remember those little VW hippiebus things that did that, they sounded even worse than a cheap turntable, but people like their toys, even though they'll ultimately ruin their prized collection...:-doh

Those were Soundwagons (or were they Sound Wagens ?)

Somebody extracting the urine methinks

Vintage SOUNDWAGON Toy VW Bus Record Player TAMCO VOLKSWAGEN Sealed | eBay

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
They are not alone

stonesatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE (2x DVB-S2X) (2x Xbox One USB tuners (1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-T2) (1x Nooelec NESDR Nano 2+ USB RTL-SDR tuner)
Octagon SF8008 (2x DVB-S2X)
Mut@nt HD51 (2x 2x DVB-S2X)
Triax TD110
Sky zone 1 minidish
Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB
Alsat Superior Dark Motor
Onkyo TX-SR605
6x Bose Acoustimass/Lifestyle double speakers
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire
vinyl never really went away, iv DJed in clubs all over the UK using vinyl only & bar one venue not having vinyl decks iv never had a problems with only using vinyl

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not unlike this thread.

I predict Cliff Richard will be top billing in the papers before long.
I predict us stupid fools who pay the BBC to watch UK TV will be funding their appeal against their imposed fine, rather than the fat cats responsible coughing up for their mistakes