johnk9159

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview
My Location
Manchester, UK
Hi,
Newbie here.
I need some basic info please on Freesat which isn't in the FAQ section.
I have no intention of buying an HD TV and no-one is going to persuade me to do so nor have I any intention of ever having anything to do with Sky as this seems to feature in many posts, I have noticed.

In light of this, what are the benefits of having Freesat?

I read that BBC/ITV are to introduce new programmes regularly but if they are to be the same old repeats they show on BBC3 and 4 or ITV2, 3and 4 is it worth it? Will there be any good quality programmes or just the same old same old?

I am more into History, Sciences, National Geographic type programmes but like a bit of comedy and action movies too.

Also will freeview channels be available through Freesat (not that there's much wothwhile watching on Freeview)?

I intend to instal the system myself, is this feasible or is special equipment required?

Thank you for your indulgence.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

the channels that are currently on Freesat are depicted here:-

_http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=whatson.Main

To watch freesat, you can use a Freesat satellite reaceiver, available from Argos for about £50.

You also need a dish. A Sky minidish appropriate for your location would do the trick, you can get them from ebay for about £20.

To use the dish you need to have a clear view of the Sky approx 28 degrees east of south, and up about 25 degrees.

Any fairly imcompetent DIYer should be able to fit one.:-rofl2

Robbo:)