BBC HD Channel up date

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Just downloaded fix for this problem from Fortecs site will update box as soon as S.W.M.B.O as finished watching Cory

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Well I installed the software update and nothing ...it as made not a bit of difference BBC ONE HD is not even in the listings ITV HD cannot obtain video or audio no BBC 4..What a load ot sh**e unless I have done some thing wrong which I doubt will send email to fortec and see what bullsh*t answer they come up with

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Channel Hopper said:

I'm not quite sure what your link refers to.I can only surmise it was to The Wanderers post if so that is all the Fortec update is they have used $KYS CHANNEL LIST and BBC4 is absent from it so I had to manual scan to put that problem to bed,I was hoping for more from their update ie channel numbers that fitted into the existing list instead of the ad hoc list they came up with..not impressed at all,so I will have to learn to live with it unless they come up with a better update

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not at all. It was to your earlier post about writing/emailing Fortec.

They are unlikely to reply, let alone do something based on a rant.

Put a constructive report to the man at the top of technical, wait a week for a response then chase him up giving reference to this thread.

Works wonders

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Channel Hopper said:
Not at all. It was to your earlier post about writing/emailing Fortec.

They are unlikely to reply, let alone do something based on a rant.

Put a constructive report to the man at the top of technical, wait a week for a response then chase him up giving reference to this thread.

Works wonders

I have emailed them but did not send a rant as I have learned through life that,that type of approach does not work,I have emailed in the past and although it takes a while they do reply eventually,I will wait and see,it was hoped that a update that was cosmetic with the channel list and all channels working was what they would do not the mismash that it looks now

The Wander

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+
Vistron 42" HD
My Location
West Country
Just downloaded the file this evening and it looks identical to the one the tech support department sent me to test.

I told them it did not work and even included a complete list of all the new channels with channel number, PID’s, VID’s, transponder numbers the lot so they should have no excuse for releasing this update in such a mess.

The more I struggle with the hardware and EPG the more inclined I am to change to another brand and now they are releasing IPTV next year on competing products it might be time for a change.

Regards, TW.

Unhban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
N.W, UK
The Wander said:
The more I struggle with the hardware and EPG the more inclined I am to change to another brand and now they are releasing IPTV next year on competing products it might be time for a change.

I'm thinking exactly the same. It is a couple of years old now, and things have moved on. The picture quality is excellent, but Fortec's support has been poor and I guess will only get worse. I'm now looking at the Vu+ Solo and Duo, which are open source so various flavours of firmware are available, as well as plugins.... ;)

Unh.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
The Wander said:
Just downloaded the file this evening and it looks identical to the one the tech support department sent me to test.

I told them it did not work and even included a complete list of all the new channels with channel number, PID’s, VID’s, transponder numbers the lot so they should have no excuse for releasing this update in such a mess.

Regards, TW.

This is the reply from my email on Friday,quick even for Fortec but it will be interesting to see how they will address the problem and how quick they do so

We have the latest firmware soon to be available in our website
which is more updated and with new features,

Thanks,
Techsupport

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Their command of the English language demonstrates that will have a software update at some point in the future, all guesses to be posted here

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Topper said:
Their command of the English language demonstrates that will have a software update at some point in the future, all guesses to be posted here

:)..Maybe thats why they screwed up in the first place,just as long as it comes about is all I ask...

Rec45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor/Fortec/Octagon
My Location
51.6N / 0.4E
Hi everyone,
I got a passionHD+ a week ago. I updated to firmware pn2_av20101028 from fortec site. All is fine until i used setedit V1.0.0 for channel lists, which messed up all. After Factory reset, and installed the firmware AGAIN. Scanned of Astra 28.2 and 19.2 and Turksat 42 deg. FTA HD channels on 28.2 ( BBC 1 HD , BBC HD,ITV HD ITV1 HD, Luxe HD ) on19.2 ( ZDF HD,arte HD, Das erst HD,ServusTV HD ) all available. In the meantime i downloaded and installed of SetEditPassion v 1.01 build 119 which claimed to fix the HD problem . I used it to edit my channel list from 3 satellites mentioned and reloaded them to fortec passion+ and so far no complains. All HD channels working fine. I am happy with it so far. However i am aware that HD + Fortec had issues. Looking to this threads which are two weeks old and the news of new firmware on its way is encouraging. At the moment latest firmware for passionHD+ is dd 28/10/2010. Ill update my settings and keep watching here. gd luck and satellite hunting on 2011. ;) dd 29/12/2010.

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
i see you have 19.2 but i can't get any hd pictures from german hd sat channels. arte hd is sorely missed here.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
juclarie said:
i see you have 19.2 but i can't get any hd pictures from german hd sat channels. arte hd is sorely missed here.

many of ther German HD channels are scrambled or transmitted in "HD+" which requires a special cam for it

Artte HD is encrypted.

bite

Superkomanda
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.8W; 4.8E; 13E (90cm),
19.2E; 28.2E; 36E (110cm),
DM800SE, DM600
My Location
Riga, Latvia
arte HD is not encrypted. At least, not on transponder, where Das Erste and ZDF HD versions are broadcasted.
11362 H 22000 2/3

Rec45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor/Fortec/Octagon
My Location
51.6N / 0.4E
juclarie said:

I am surprised as I have no cam on my box. Fortec Passion+HD .
I just checked and watching

ZDF HD, Arte HD, DasErste HD, all at 11362/H/22000 .
And @ 11303 / H / 22000 there is another HD Servus TV HD De

If these transponders not appearing in your box then add them save it and make a MANUAL SCAN on that particular transponder with following settings
Scan type= FTA+CAS
DVB Standard = DVB.S2
HD / SD = HD

Sadly I cant watch Eurosport HD on 11362 / H / 22000 ;) scrambled.

Rec45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor/Fortec/Octagon
My Location
51.6N / 0.4E
Rec45 said:
I am surprised as I have no cam on my box. Fortec Passion+HD .
) scrambled.

Correction . Sorry of course i have : Conax 7 & X-Crypt CAS embedded but no cards .
So receiving german Hd channels maybe due to that. I ll check .