BBC Prime Package

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
Eastenders is still shown on BBC Prime on the Sky Italia package.
I recall that when I watched the hacked channels on Polsat, no Eastenders was shown on BBC Entertainment or BBC Lifestyle.
So if Prime in your region changes to the new BBC channels, you will probably lose Eastenders.
What a shame!(heeheee):-rofl2
My Missus would not be happy, though!O-no

maviesk

Reaction score
BBC Entertainment in Scandinavia does however, still show EastEnders, so I suppose they're making their minds up based on localised preferences..

maviesk

Reaction score
perthkenny said:
One could speculate that the BBC Prime DTH subscription would simply "morph" seamlessly to BBC Entertainment and its 3 sister channels, and the other providers eg Sky Italia and Orbit would stop showing Prime and change to Entertainment, as Polsat has done.

4 for the price of one seems like a better deal.

When the BBC has launched local versions of these channels in all the markets that it feels are viable then it may lump the countries that don't have reigional versions into one DTH feed of BBC Entertainment (similar to MTV Europe) but I think that's going to take some time, especially in this economic climate.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So,BBC PRIME is leaving Hotbird and going to Eurobird 9E. They have sent out letters to their subscribers informing them of the move and that new cards will be issued from March

astral69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020Si receiver, PLi image loaded and Irdeto and Viaccess cards installed. Dishes for Nilesat + Hotbird with lnb's for BADR and Eurobird 9
My Location
Middle East
Zorba said:
So,BBC PRIME is leaving Hotbird and going to Eurobird 9E. They have sent out letters to their subscribers informing them of the move and that new cards will be issued from March

If that is true I will be screwed and need a 3rd dish)(-red:mad:

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
astral69 said:
If that is true I will be screwed and need a 3rd dish)(-red:mad:

Not necessarily.
You can probably add additional LNB to the same dish as Hot Bird 13E to receive 9E.
Suggest to consult with a professional satellite installer if this is possible.
You can also post a new thread about how to receive both 13E and 9E on the same dish.

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
Another option would be to install a motor to your dish. The Usals function on your system would then automatically swing your dish to where you need it to point.
Rolfw has an excellent sticky tutorial about DIY installation of a motorised system, in the "dish setup" section of this forum, well worth a read.
Your local satellite installer will have all the equipment and knowledge to do it for you, if you don't feel up to trying it yourself.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Can 9E be received in Israel ?

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Italy
Yes, I had a look at Lyngsat's footprint map, Israel is easily within the footprint of Eurobird 9e, with a standard sized dish.
Incidentally, with a motorised system you could look at any satellite in the sky, subject to footprint of course. It's a good option as you don't need multi dishes, spaghetti coax or multi diseq switches.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
According to FlySat
BBC Prime is now FTA. Can't confirm this until I am home.
Looks like they are giving us a treat before they vanish sometimes this month (Moving to Eurobird 9E)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup fta on 11117V 13E.

Showing some deathly dull programme about small children

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
BBC Prime has joined the Showtime package since yesterday but is FTA on that package at the moment.

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Italy
As of 11th November 2009, BBC Prime on the S*y Italia package will change to BBC Entertainment. The channel sports a new-ish programme line up (I don't have full details yet), but will continue to include Eastenders.
It would seem logical to speculate that the other BBC channels, BBC Knowledge, Food, Cbeebies etc, will shortly be launched as an "improvement" to the Prime package in Italy, in line with the Polsat and Scandinavian format.
I will post again when I see the Entertainment new channel line up, and also if there is news of launch of the 4 channel format.
S*y Italia broadcasts in videoguard encryption on Hotbird 13e. I note that there is an ad on our forum here from a supplier of S*y European viewing cards, including S*y Italia. Could be a viable alternative to S*y UK?

astral69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020Si receiver, PLi image loaded and Irdeto and Viaccess cards installed. Dishes for Nilesat + Hotbird with lnb's for BADR and Eurobird 9
My Location
Middle East
The change of name makes a lot of sense.
What did "BBC Prime" mean to the average foreign viewer?

The new web site is _www.bbcentertainment.com.

As a subscriber I have to say that all that has changed is the name...........
The programme line up looks the same, except for a few seaonal changes
that would be expected at this time of year.

I would imagine that 9E will be receiveable in Israel.
It is, only 300km north of there.