Bbc three could return amid speculation that bbc four will go off air

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
"BBC Three could return as an on-air channel" source: BBC Three could return as full TV channel

I would much prefer to see BBC Three replace BBC Four but I guess alot of that is down to the demographic group I fit into.

On a side note is there any point in launching a standard definition simulcast? In this day and age surely the majority of TV viewers have HD set.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Leave it where it is. Its output is aimed at a younger audience who prefer to use media other than the TV.
BBC Four does have much repeat programming, but of a quality that's generally absent in a lot of the stuff commissioned these days on other channels.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Make every celebrity employees take a 25% paycut then there will be money for both, the argument that you need to pay big money to keep certain overpaid ex footballers as pundits otherwise they will leave for elsewhere doesn't hold water any more.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The one thing the BBC got right and they want to kill it.

The money that Capita makes for mismanaging the TV licence would cover the channel running costs many time over.