bbc1hd & bbchd off air????

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Sounds like the dish is slightly out of alignment from what you have reported, did the kit include that God awful multi bracket for wall or ground mounting that consists of a angled pole & two thin support struts that fit onto the side of the main pole?

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Yeah,I only bought it as a back up to terrestrial as we live on the very edge of Sutton Coldfields transmitter range and we were getting digi break up now and again so used it rarely when things got bad but as the DSO as sorted a lot of terrestrial reception out I hardly used it untill BBC AND ITV started broadcasting in HD on Freesat that I have started to use it more,but we have had a bit of building work done on the rear of the house (dishes located there)and It cannot be got at easily now

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
tjl said:
Yeah,I only bought it as a back up to terrestrial as we live on the very edge of Sutton Coldfields transmitter range and we were getting digi break up now and again so used it rarely when things got bad but as the DSO as sorted a lot of terrestrial reception out I hardly used it untill BBC AND ITV started broadcasting in HD on Freesat that I have started to use it more,but we have had a bit of building work done on the rear of the house (dishes located there)and It cannot be got at easily now

Thats a bit of sods law there, I would hazard a guess that the dish has moved during the more recent high winds we had a couple of weeks ago, but because you havent had any reason to check this you are just now realising the misalignment thats took place.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
It Looks that way,the quality signal maybe indeed be on the low side but it is still watchable so I will have to leave it alone and hope nothing else happens,thanks for the time you spent helping on this much appreciated,,,,,,,tjl

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion HD 83cm Dish
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hello Llew, I was reading your post with interest as I have the Fortecstar Passion. I came back to the UK for a while recently (living southeast France), and when I got back I noticed that I no longer had BBC1 HD, and can no longer receive BBC HD (note appears NO SIGNAL). Before I went to the UK, everything was working fine with good picture.
I have configured the Advanced settings as you suggested, but when I look at the other attachment, I notice that under BBC HD channel, the V-PID, A-PID and P-PID are giving different readings. I have very little technical knowledge with Sat receivers and wondered if you could help. I still have no picture BBC HD (NO SIGNAL) but have not as yet re-scanned.
Many thanks
Neville

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
nebeluk said:
Hello Llew, I was reading your post with interest as I have the Fortecstar Passion. I came back to the UK for a while recently (living southeast France), and when I got back I noticed that I no longer had BBC1 HD, and can no longer receive BBC HD (note appears NO SIGNAL). Before I went to the UK, everything was working fine with good picture.
I have configured the Advanced settings as you suggested, but when I look at the other attachment, I notice that under BBC HD channel, the V-PID, A-PID and P-PID are giving different readings. I have very little technical knowledge with Sat receivers and wondered if you could help. I still have no picture BBC HD (NO SIGNAL) but have not as yet re-scanned.
Many thanks
Neville

Yes Neville, delete the old BBC HD / BBC1 HD and do a rescan of that frequency.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
or follow the instructions i have sent to your other thread