Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And before anyone asks thats fttc - fttp is not available out here in the sticks, although it is 5 miles away in Jedburgh or Kelso :( Our piddling little exchange will no doubt be one of the last ones in the area to be done

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No Fixed Wireless Access schemes?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No Fixed Wireless Access schemes?
Nope. nothing like that round here. I believe one of the neighbours uses a 4G dongle but they are elderly & are likely to be light users.

The village has got less than 100 people in it - our electoral roll is around 80 according to the polling place tellers last time I asked so fixed wireless is very low priority for the providers. There are a few schemes further out round here but they are only found up the very remote valleys in the foothills of the Cheviots where you would never get broadband over the copper wires

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, GigaBlue UE 4K, Zone 1 28.2e, Zone 1 30W. Kathrein 1m 5W - 23E
My Location
Midlands

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Nope. nothing like that round here. I believe one of the neighbours uses a 4G dongle but they are elderly & are likely to be light users.

The village has got less than 100 people in it - our electoral roll is around 80 according to the polling place tellers last time I asked so fixed wireless is very low priority for the providers. There are a few schemes further out round here but they are only found up the very remote valleys in the foothills of the Cheviots where you would never get broadband over the copper wires
A friend of mine is in a similar situation as you are in Devonshire sticks - ADSL is max 4mpbs and weak 4G signal. He splashed out on Starlink, which, he says, is decent and I think he gets up to 100mbps on it?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

The village has got less than 100 people in it - our electoral roll is around 80 according to the polling place tellers last time I asked so fixed wireless is very low priority for the providers. There are a few schemes further out round here but they are only found up the very remote valleys in the foothills of the Cheviots where you would never get broadband over the copper wire.

The very idea of old folk fiddling with a dongle brings tears to the eyes :-wow