BSB dishes / squarials that are still in place

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
timo_w2s said:
I know the feeling, I've got hundreds of projects waiting to be done or half finished... I see your dish is a 35cm-1 whereas mine is a 35cm-2. I wonder what the difference is? From the pictures they look the same except mine is a bit more weathered and scratched as it's been dragged between the UK and Finland a few times over the years. I was thinking of using it for either 1W or 5E in Finland as my balcony is rather limited on space and the 80cm dish on there it taking up most of the space already. (Even a Sky zone 1 mini-dish is a little too big)

I've not had any reason not to finish it off, it's just a few minutes with a couple of drill bits and a drill, and maybe adding a touch of black paint to blend it in, I just keep forgetting to do it, I have the dish waiting, the LNB & clamp waiting, all it needs is the holes drilling... O-Ha

I haven't a clue between the type 1 & 2 versions, it could be a production run or a factory code or something, or a different construction... :confused

I think mine was pretty much new in box (I wish I kept that box!!! Would have made transporting and storing it easier!!!) hence it looking pristine, of course, it doesn't look as pristine now, but it's still got it's BSB logo, which is the most important part... :D

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Jaffboy151 said:
Barry you be better off listing the many different types of superbeam dishes in use out there & the old mesh telemicro ones.. Was in Quesada last week and was much to hot for my anorak, but it didnt stop me winding the mrs up about getting one of those huge 2-3m dishes you all have out there!

Hi thanks for the idea. I have one of the mesh dishes. It was in use untill 18 months ago. We have masts on the hills and high points and you can receive a small amount of programs from them. Quality of picture is poor but better than nothing. We have a sky card so it was noy used a great deal.

Talking about big dishes, I have a 2.4Mt dish, which gives me access to the UK network. Perfect picture.

I'm just about to go to the airport but if I get time when I get back, I will send a couple of pics.

See, I already have my anorak on.

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
photo (7).JPGOn my office wall two Matsushita Squarials the one with the Coax came from Stockport area and i think the one behind came from some place down south.

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
winbsb.jpgOne from my travels found in Winsford Cheshire this is one of the side streets off the main through road. There is a couple of other ones ive yet to picture in the area, one bein on the back of the old Rumbelows store in the shopping centre.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
streetlighter said:
On my office wall two Matsushita Squarials the one with the Coax came from Stockport area and i think the one behind came from some place down south.

Ha! Now there's an idea!

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Analoguesat said:
And this one is mine :D

It lives in my shed until I find a use for it! I got if from Ebay - still boxed :cool:

That looks nice new and shiny. I hope that you find a good use for it.

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
bsbhoole.jpg couple more ive found this time around Chester area

Attachments

• bsbdish.jpg
    bsbdish.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 122

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish on 19.2, Original pole mount channel master sky mini dish (before the stupid arm bracket) on 28.2 Humax F1-Vaci, Sky-HD Thomson box (very first made)
My Location
Wiltshire
It brought a smile to my face reading this thread, I had no idea there were still some people interested in BSB as well as me!

Thought you might be interested in this, as new, never installed Ferguson Squarial and Fegurson SRB1 receiver, sat on the floor of my lounge, I plan to put this in a museum room when I get my new house, i just can't bear to leave it in the loft.

Attachments

• 6910940844_50b352c65f_t.jpg
    6910940844_50b352c65f_t.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 6910940850_e1a3cacb3a_t.jpg
    6910940850_e1a3cacb3a_t.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 6910940852_57282627c2_t.jpg
    6910940852_57282627c2_t.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 164

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thanks for those, Sparkydude - I've uploaded them to our server for you, to comply with our Policy on Attachments.

By all means keep them coming, but can you please use the "Manage Attachments" feature (Under the "Go Advanced" Posting option)?

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish on 19.2, Original pole mount channel master sky mini dish (before the stupid arm bracket) on 28.2 Humax F1-Vaci, Sky-HD Thomson box (very first made)
My Location
Wiltshire
Tivu,

I am really sorry about that, I've only just registered on this forum, I am use to forums that don't have means of uploading photos & didn't realize you had that option.

Regards,
Alex.

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
I've just noticed they are just the thumbnails, How do I upload the full size pictures?

Many thanks.

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
There we go.

Attachments

• bsb4.jpg
    bsb4.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 103
  • bsb3.jpg
    bsb3.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 99
  • bsb2.jpg
    bsb2.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 96
  • bsb1.jpg
    bsb1.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 108

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No prob

If you use image code then the whole pic downloads and for folks on slow connections it can take ages to open a big file. (Remember opening pictures back in dial up days when a few lines a second came up) :D

Load the stuff onto our server and you just get the thumbnails showing, and anyone on a slow connection can just open the pictures that look of particular interest. :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sparkydude said:
I've just noticed they are just the thumbnails, How do I upload the full size pictures?

Many thanks.

When you make the Post you want the pics to appear in, scroll to the bottom of the pane, click on Go Advanced >> in the next set of panes, also towards the bottom, there is Manage Attachments ............ it should then be intuitive. Point to each pic you want uploading and when all are selected, press Upload. Then submit the post.

Be aware there is a file size lmitof around 1MB (It tells you the limits per file type)

So if the pics are BIG, shrink them using eg PixResizer.

PS. Mea culpa - I also didn't realise you original efforts were only thumbnails to start with!

We'll get there - once done, it seems easy (It is).

Edit: LOL! You've done it while I've been bashing out this essay!!

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
Analogue sat> I did post the thumbnails with the thumbnails being links to the bigger files originally for that very reason, I just didn't realize the site had an upload facility...anyway back to BSB :-)

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
Tivù said:
When you make the Post you want the pics to appear in, scroll to the bottom of the pane, click on Go Advanced >> in the next set of panes, also towards the bottom, there is Manage Attachments ............ it should then be intuitive. Point to each pic you want uploading and when all are selected, press Upload. Then submit the post.

Be aware there is a file size lmitof around 1MB (It tells you the limits per file type)

So if the pics are BIG, shrink them using eg PixResizer.

PS. Mea culpa - I also didn't realise you original efforts were only thumbnails to start with!

We'll get there - once done, it seems easy (It is).

Edit: LOL! You've done it while I've been bashing out this essay!!

LOL, I should just look before asking questions! My originals were thumbnails but when you clicked on them they linked to the full size picture, I guess you just saved the thumbnail, I did shrink them down originally anyway and post thumbnails to links so I got all that bit right lol ;-)

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
Few more pics.

Attachments

• bsb5.jpg
    bsb5.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 82
  • bsb6.jpg
    bsb6.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 82
  • bsb7.jpg
    bsb7.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 70

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Great pictures sparkydude that system is quite a collectors piece. Anychance you could upload some scans of the installation manual for the Squarial ?

Sparkydude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wiltshire
There we go Streetlighter :-)

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Nice one sparkydude