BSB minidish

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Oh, nearly forgot, here's my little former DMAC beauty... :D

(yes, I took it while I was in bed...)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Details off the back of the "LNC":

Model: PAC301
Freq. 11, 77-12, 11Ghz
Power: DC20V
Ser. No. 0122582

So, it's an 11Ghz LNB then??? :confused

R

Rd100

You must have alot of satellite stuff now 2cv bloke you must spend hours on ebay:)

2cvbloke said:
Details off the back of the "LNC":

Model: PAC301
Freq. 11, 77-12, 11Ghz
Power: DC20V
Ser. No. 0122582

So, it's an 11Ghz LNB then??? :confused

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
You must have alot of satellite stuff now 2cv bloke you must spend hours on ebay:)

I am building quite a collection, it's a lot more than what I had a year ago... :D
And yep, I'm an eBayaholic, spend too much time and money on it... :-ohmy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A nice surprise with the BSB minidish yesterday evening. was waving it around seeing what I could find and picked up reasonable strength signals from Hungarian service M2 on Hotbird 3. Not perfect but watchable.

When Ive got a few minutes I will be trying for some digital signals off the high power Hotbird 7A. :)

izefisherman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku: 2.4m Aerial PFA / Invacom SNF-031,
C: 1.2m Aerial PFA / MTI 15k,

DM7020-S, DM500S, C-Tech 2100, VBOXII
My Location
Finland
I have the BSB minidish as well but converted for a 40mm collar feedhorn. It pulls in both 19.2E and 13E here (Not to mention 5W and 1W). I am using a modern 10 euro Maximum SF-10 (0.3d:cool: LNB on it.

Somehow these dishes found their way to Finland as well, I have personally witnessed the exsistence of 4 specimens in very different parts of the country, mine included. Got it from a friend who got it from a friend... can't say at which point the feedholder was modified.

Interesting dish anyway, the ruggedness and overall quality is brilliant. In fact it is the only dish here wifey finds "not-so-ugly".

Rupert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Europe
In Germany I've seen 20cm (or 25cm) dish which was used to pick channels from TVSAT2. It's smaller than BSB-dish.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I spotted another squarial today, have to try to get a pic of it.... :D

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
Around my area ive spotted two BSB dishes and one squarial, Im often tempted to offer a dish removal service to get one for nostalgia.
J

quote=2cvbloke;454850]I spotted another squarial today, have to try to get a pic of it.... :D[/quote]

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
streetlighter said:
Around my area ive spotted two BSB dishes and one squarial, Im often tempted to offer a dish removal service to get one for nostalgia.

Just knock on their door, say you're from the NSADSE (National Society Against the Disuse of Satellite Equipment) and would like to claim the squarials or dishes, offering the removal service for free of course... :D

Then sell 'em on eBay.... :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I got me a BSB Minidish!!! :D:D:D:D

It's not the squareishial Analoguesat has, it's the round type, but I can't wait to receive it, and see if it picks up anything, like Cuatro on Hispa or Canal+ on 8w (which annoyingly shares the same frequency and Polarisation as France5/Arte on 5w which made my search for 5w a task and a half!!!)... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Of course, a picture would be handy... :D

This is the one from the listing (if you haven't seen the listing yourself through the Big Dishes thread...)...

R

Rd100

I think it might work well if you make some braket and put a uni lnb on it:) ,
2cvbloke said:
Of course, a picture would be handy... :D

This is the one from the listing (if you haven't seen the listing yourself through the Big Dishes thread...)...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I hope it'll arrive tomorrow, so I can play with it before I go to work.... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I've got the dish!!! :D

And after comparing it's face to my Porty dish, there's very little difference in size, about 1 or 2cm smaller than the porty, AND it's a Channel Master dish!!! :D

I've removed the original LNB and fitted a temporary LNB with zip ties and it works perfectly as it is... :D

Anyways, piccies!!! :D:D:D

moffatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview, BT Total Broadband, BT Broadband Talk
My Location
Atherstone, Nr. B'ham/Cov.
"Made in the UK" :shock:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yep, made in the UK for a UK company... :D

Anyways, I have an idea of how to fit a 40mm clamp to the arm, I just need to work out how to do it all by myself... :D

R

Rd100

Al seems good so far 2cv b;oke, did the dish have any user guides to install it with it?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
And here's my idea, all I need is a T-shape bracket, 2 long nuts and bolts for the clamp (it's a spare one from my multi-LNB bracket on my 80cm Lidl dish) and 2 short nuts & bolts to hold the bracket to the dish arm, then on goes my spare Lidl LNB and it's done... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
Al seems good so far 2cv b;oke, did the dish have any user guides to install it with it?

No unfortunately, but there was a sheet with a phone number to call Philips for advice on how to get the best from "Your newly purchased BSB Satellite equipment", and there's an Elevation thing on the side that rivals any modern sky dish... :p :D