Can´t flash new image - No CA found by 2nd stage loader

JonRDS2484

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 and windows xp
My Location
Spain
I have recently bought 3 new DM800 clones and when I try to flash a new image using RS232 cable and DreamUp i get the message No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream multimedia. I have tried using DM800 repair and enforcer which lets me select and image but when I open it say´s File to big!. If anybody knows of any other solutions for this I would be very grateful.

A nonymous

Reaction score
It would help if we knew what SIM they were using???

There are currently 3 sims in use

Sim 2.10 (superseded sim 2.01, 2.0 and 1.0 or something like that), The Ferrari sim and also the slightly rarer EStar SIM.

All three sims require different images to make them work. If you have tried to load a genuine image or the wrong clone image onto the clone box that could be what your problem is.

Why are you using Dreamup??? Just connect the box upto the the same router your PC is on, power the box up and hold in the power button. You will then see something like

***** STOP ******

You just type in the ip address that is displayed on the DM800 display and you will then see the loader screen. You then load the image from there.

Just select the image and then hit flash.

The likelyhood is you are using Dreamup for a genuine box. I'm sure there was a modified version for clone boxes. This may also explain the error you are seeing.

Have a look here, this explains it better than i just have

Code:
http://satellitezone.wordpress.com/

Nano

JonRDS2484

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 and windows xp
My Location
Spain
Thanks for the reply, tried that but when i boot up box now I get ERRO1: NO CA FOUND on the box display. Is this because the image I normally use for DM800´s is not compatible with the SIM in this receiver. How can I find what SIM it is? do I need to physically open the box and check the SIM

A nonymous

Reaction score
Open it up and have a look, or you could try asking the person you bought them off :D

JonRDS2484

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2 and windows xp
My Location
Spain
Thanks for the advice mate, opened it up and found it was an E-star v.03 SIM. I donwloaded estardream converterand I can now flash images on the box.

infotana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat
My Location
Morocco
Hello

<a class="" href="http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/user/371608-jonrds2484/" title="">JonRDS2484</a>,
please can you explain more the process that you did to resolve this issue?
so i have the same probèm & i don't now how i can resolve it.
thank you in advance

A nonymous

Reaction score
Same thing goes for you my friend, you need to find out what SIM you have installed first. Unless its a genuine box you have to use images that are custom made for which ever sim is inside your receiver.

Nano

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Edit: Misread the post.