Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FreesatfromSky
Freesat [Humax HDR 1000S]
Fta(9E/13E/19E/28E) [Fixed Triax TD88]
1.1M motorised satellite dish [unbranded]
My Location
UK
My requirements are HD,preferably 4K twin tuner pvr with internal hard drive.
Priority is a stable,easy to use pvr which records with minimal problems,that allows alphabetical sorting of channels permanently and not just when accessing channel list.
I’ve been through a few Topfield’s,my current failing pvr is the Topfield 2100,which I’ve been fairly happy with apart from them not lasting very long,2/4 years at maximum.
My first foray in to a Linux pvr was a disaster,with the Technomate twin tuner OE,just not working from the outset,( I may have ended up with a faulty stb),and is just gathering dust,with no reply from Technomate support and the seller passing the buck to Technomate and despite repeated updates,remains faulty,and hence my reluctance to purchase another Linux pvr.
Thanks

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The contract is with the supplier,
not the manufacturer.

You should demand a refund on your rights , as a consumer.
Mention right to reject/ unfit for purpose etc.

S

Sleepingwiththefish

The Technomate twin is the 4K one? Seen a few of those running pretty good...
What is actually wrong with it? Is actually a hardware problem?

Most problems people have are software problems or misconfiguration (easily solvable)...

I'm sorry, I personally can't recommend anything not running (enigma2) Linux:wub:

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FreesatfromSky
My Location
UK
The contract is with the supplier,
not the manufacturer.

You should demand a refund on your rights , as a consumer.
Mention right to reject/ unfit for purpose etc.

Thanks Channel Hopper.
Will try again with the seller.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FreesatfromSky
My Location
UK
The Technomate twin is the 4K one? Seen a few of those running pretty good...
What is actually wrong with it? Is actually a hardware problem?

Most problems people have are software problems or misconfiguration (easily solvable)...

I'm sorry, I personally can't recommend anything not running (enigma2) Linux:wub:

It not the 4K one but the HD one running on Openvix.
From the outset,it would find zero channels from 19E from my multi set up (28/19/13/9E),and the picture on all channels would switch to a window box picture.
I was advised to update the software,which I have done every time there has been a new update,but the initial problems remain,with missed recordings,the couple of times I used it.
Was advised to contact Technomate and received no replies from them too,and it’s just been gathering dust.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If the Topfields are failing on a regular basis, have you investigated the reasons? Could it not be as simple as failed or bulging capacitors which are easily replaceable?

S

Sleepingwiththefish

It not the 4K one but the HD one running on Openvix.
From the outset,it would find zero channels from 19E from my multi set up (28/19/13/9E),and the picture on all channels would switch to a window box picture.
I was advised to update the software,which I have done every time there has been a new update,but the initial problems remain,with missed recordings,the couple of times I used it.
Was advised to contact Technomate and received no replies from them too,and it’s just been gathering dust.

You should try OpenATV 6.3 and see if that works ok. The problem with finding zero channels is provable bad tuner configuration, no signal, no channels... You should find 'Sat finder' (or similar name, I never used OpenViX) on OpenVix menus to check if you got signal for all sats/tuners.

Worst case scenario you get same problems because drivers from Thechnomate may be buggy.