Can french TNT card (DVB-T) be used for TNTSAT (DVB-S) ?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello.

One local shop sells LG LCD TV's with built in DVB-T receiver and cardreader, which comes bundled with French TNT card (If I read correctly, 3 month free sub) :) It's very questionable how product surely designed for French market managed to get here, but it does sells here (and most people throw these cards in locker right away). A friend of mine is planning of purchasing such TV, so can we use that card for descrambling signal from SAT ?

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Hmm, probably not but some more info is needed to be sure. There are a couple of operators selling pay-TV packages over and above the free channels on terrestrial DVB-T. One is TNtop which is the French operation of TopUpTV. If it is this, I think it is unlikely the card would decode the same channels on satellite TV but technically it is possible, if the same scrambling is used.

When they offer three months for 'free', it usually means that you have to sign up for a 12 month minimum subscription paid by direct debit. French contracts like this are notoriously difficult to cancel. If you don't send the cancellation notice by recorded delivery at just the right moment (not too early, not too late) you will find you are subscribed for a further year. Anyway, the three months won't be free because they charge you 30 or 40 euros for starting a new contract ("frais d'accèss", "frais d'ouverture", etc.).

If your friend is buying the TV anyway, there is no harm in plugging the card into a suitable satellite receiver and seeing what happens.

mickael49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 actuator ManhattanDSR5500APCI Also Clarke Tech 5100C, Also MVISION HD200C Shuttle FN41 Athlon 2600
My Location
France Nantes
I think it is the card TV NUMERIC because there is the same offer in france. 3 free months + free Access fees. Form is inside the box. At the end of the period you can subscribe if you are interested 8 Euros a month. but it is only for the french TNT in France.
it cannot be TNTOP because subscription are only throught unique labelised receiver SAGEM ITAD92HD. This card will never work on sat. Sorry for the news

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
TNT is digital terrestrial signals, not satellite based, so you can't use those to get any sort of satellite signal
i don't even think it would have a satellite cable in connector

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
hah :)

but smartcard uses same format :)

we're not talking about connecting satellite dish to DVB-T TV :)

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
oh, my bad
same format (as in size) or same format (as in encryption format) ?
i doubt its the second... so my guess is that you can't use them