Canal + from a norwegian friend

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
I have a good friend in norway, im new to this satellite lark. Does anyone know how a subscription to canal+ sport works in norway? If she wanted canal+ sport, do they send her a smart card in the post that she inserts into her reciever?

I think she only has a cable service called homebase currently, does she have to be with canal digital (satelllite service) to get a canal+ card? Or are the only requires to buying a card is to be a norwegian living in norway?

Can i take that card and use it in my dreambox here?

Thank you.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
You can not have C sport alone, one must take the whole family pkg.

They come on 1 card, so no extra card for sport and Yes it will work in the DM.

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
You sure? In Sweden you can subscribe to the Films alone, or the Sports alone. The family pack is entirely optional.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
I just checked and You must have at least 12 month sub for either C+ or Sport+ , it is the season sport (extra) that is a special offer.

So a 12 month sub will do:) and then You can add the season card for some extra money.

redondo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
Yugoslavia
dig deep said:
I just checked and You must have at least 12 month sub for either C+ or Sport+ , it is the season sport (extra) that is a special offer.

So a 12 month sub will do:) and then You can add the season card for some extra money.

Do You know how much cost season card for allsvenskan and elitserien for 1 year?

Jmal555

NFL dude
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD, TM-3500 D+ USB PVR, CD Total (FI)
My Location
Surrey
redondo said:
Do You know how much cost season card for allsvenskan and elitserien for 1 year?

packages are here: _http://www.canaldigital.se/Utbud/Tillaggstjanster/Produkter/Sasongskortet/

Säsongskortet Combi

Se allt av det bästa. Säsongskortet Combi tillsammans med Canal+ och TV4 ger dig cirka 570 direktsända matcher från Allsvenskan i fotboll och Elitserien i ishockey för endast 169 kr/mån under 12 månader.

Pris: 169 kr/mån i 12 månader. Bindningstid: 12 månader.

Säsongskortet Allsvenskan

Missa inte en avspark! Med Säsongskortet Allsvenskan från Canal Digital får du tillgång till alla allsvenska matcher i varje omgång (tillsammans med matcherna på Canal+ och TV4).

Pris: 199 kr/mån i sju månader. Bindningstid: 12 månader.

Säsongskortet Elitserien

Nu med grundseriens samtliga matcher - hela 330 stycken. Med Säsongskortet Elitserien tillsammans med Canal+ kan du bänka dig i TV-soffan för att avnjuta den mest innehållsrika hockeysäsongen någonsin.

Pris: 229 kr/mån i s_x månader. Bindningstid: 12 månader.

Säsongskortet Klubb

Nu kan alla följa sitt favoritlag i Elitserien på såväl hemma som bortaplan direkt från TV-soffan. För bara 199 kronor i månaden får du garanterat tillgång till alla matcher med just ditt favoritlag i direktsändning.

Pris: 199 kr/mån i s_x månader. Bindningstid: 12 månader.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
redondo said:

Yes, 169 sek/month and You must take it for 12 month.

It will show Allsvenskan and Icehockey (as posted by jmal555) some 570
games during a year (some 45 a week):)

redondo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
Yugoslavia
Do You know if my friend buy for me full Canal Sweden or Norway with HD channels, will HD channels work in other reciver like dreambox? And also Does my friend must send me only card or card and official canal digital reciver? Your advice which packages is better - Norway or Sweden?
If friend buy Norway does he can also buy sasongskortet (tv-biljet channels) or these tv biljet channels only work with Sweden version.

Jmal555

NFL dude
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD, TM-3500 D+ USB PVR, CD Total (FI)
My Location
Surrey
redondo said:
Do You know if my friend buy for me full Canal Sweden or Norway with HD channels, will HD channels work in other reciver like dreambox? And also Does my friend must send me only card or card and official canal digital reciver? Your advice which packages is better - Norway or Sweden?
If friend buy Norway does he can also buy sasongskortet (tv-biljet channels) or these tv biljet channels only work with Sweden version.

At the moment the HD channels should work with other receivers, but there's reports that they don't work with all receivers.

So, at the moment the sending the receiver over should not be necessary. The HD PVR receiver is quite expensive just under 400e, the HD receiver without the PVR is about 200e, IRCC.

I don't think there's much difference with the packages except for the country specific channels of course. Personally I'd go with the Swedish package, since I've seen the local channels they offer and it's a good selection of movies, series etc.

The cards only work in one country.

I'm getting a basic CD receiver next month with a Finnish package, and can report later on about the cards functionality with other receivers, thou I need to buy that still.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
All HD works with my AZ box and I am sure it will work with a dreambox as well :)

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
HD works fine with Dreambox 800HD.

john evans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 5400 ci 80cm motorised dish
My Location
south wales
any scandinavian friends willing to purchase me a package,please contact me on NO direct contact thanks

Use the PM Never post adress or phone numbers

robbiemcd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 6800 +diablo - im motorised dish
My Location
belfast
me too - i'll buy or swop a sky uk full hd package for one!

redondo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
Yugoslavia
I saw the price on official canal digital sweden web pages.

400 kr for HD reciver + family and cana+total is 419 kr for month so it is 5028 kr for 1 year + start fee about 800 kr + card fee for one year about 700 kr + about 350 kr for factur - total cost is about 7300 kr or 700 euro.
Second year total cost is about 580 euro.

Who want to pay for PPV sasongskortet channels( all game from Sweden football league and also ice hockey league) they must pay 169 kr/month or 195 euro for 1 year.

So Full Canal Digital packages is about 780-800 euro like Sky UK :eek:

http://www.canaldigital.se/upload/Utbud/Prislistor/Prislista-parabol-Canal-Digital.pdf - You can see price there.

I must pay for canal+sport and sasongskortet - about 500 euro. I have only 17 channels and only 3 sports channel - canal+sport 1 and 2 and also extra but that channel only work saturday and sunday.

Very high price :mad:. You can add abother 100 euro and You can buy full Sky Germany with more channels - sports and movies.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Lol.

Norway at least is a very expensive place to live, i go there a lot. £1.50 for a chocolate bar! £3 for tiny loaf of bread, toll roads everywhere small tv packages. However 20mb upstream :)

vinsmaker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gemini 4.3
Peter Pan
DM800
DM8000
My Location
Norway
You mentioned that your friend has cabel in her home. If she has Canal Digital as provider it is possible to subscribe to Canal + film alone. The price in 199NOK/month.;)

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
yep that was a backup option, streaming video over the net. Im sorted now though. thanks for the message :)