Canalsat News

A

Archive7

I received a promotional leaflet from TV Corner for TNTSAT receivers, and they have this news piece included in the text

Dans le cadre de la lutte contre le piratage, Canal fait évoluer le mode de diffusion de ses programmes le 14 janvier 2017. Certains décodeurs Canal Ready ne seront plus compatibles. Vérifiez ici la comptibilité de votre récepteur

Profitez de l’offre de remboursement de Canal pour vous équiper d’un nouvel appareil compatible. Nous avons sélectionné quelques produits adaptés !

*Vous devez être abonné Canal carte seule Viaccess. Sur présentation de la facture d’achat du nouvel appareil. Demande à transmettre via la rubrique « nous contacter » de votre espace client Canal)

Google Translation

As part of the fight against piracy, Canal is changing the way its programs are broadcast on January 14, 2017. Some Canal Ready decoders will no longer be compatible. Check here the compatibility of your receiver

Take advantage of Canal's refund offer to equip you with a new compatible device. We have selected some suitable products!

* You must be a Canal Card subscriber only Viaccess. Upon presentation of the purchase invoice for the new device. Request to be transmitted via the "contact us" section of your Canal client area)

Which makes me wonder why invest so much in anti piracy prevention and changing smartcards, receivers when they could have prevented it by lowering their prices and letting anybody worldwide subscribe to their services?
I read somewhere that they had losses this year, or was it that thousands of subscribers have left them.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
All Canal+ packages are very expensive: French, Spanish and Scandinavian... on-par with Sky UK with much less choice on offer.

A

Archive7

In France they have the very cheap TNTSAT for most of the national channels. The Canal+ and Canalsat offer better quality programming and latest films and series and that costs money.
I would gladly subscribe to their services if I was living in France.