Can't save Rete4 and Canale5 after channel search on Tivusat

Skippy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fubu ODE712HD 100cm dish on Hotbird 13E tivusat card
My Location
London
I have the equipment shown left and after completing a scan for all tivusat channels all the main ones my wife wants appear in the listings.

If I complete the search with the receiver tuned to canale5 when I come out of the menu the channel can be viewed however if I switch away from this channel and then go back I get a message telling me either the signal is not strong enough and that I should turn my receiver on and off my and try and again, whatever I do the picture is lost...the same happenss with rete4.

It is clear that the signal is strong enough as I can watch the channel for hours with good reception after a channel search just as long as I don't switch away....why is this happening?

My wife is getting rather annoyed and thinks her birthday present isn't what it was.

Please help

Steve

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, have you looked at the end of the channel list for the channel, not the one higher up the list? A channel scan will add newly found channels to the end of the list, leaving the non-working versions where they were.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you havent tried it already pull the socket out of the wall, leave for 5 minutes then plug it in again.

Thius clears all sorts of odd glitches on satellite receivers.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
100cm dish is overkill for Hotbird at your location!

Generally, receivers/cards cope with massive signals, but sometimes they don't.