CCcam problem with out of contract Sky UK viewing card

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonesatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE (2x DVB-S2X) (2x Xbox One USB tuners (1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-T2) (1x Nooelec NESDR Nano 2+ USB RTL-SDR tuner)
Octagon SF8008 (2x DVB-S2X)
Mut@nt HD51 (2x 2x DVB-S2X)
Triax TD110
Sky zone 1 minidish
Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB
Alsat Superior Dark Motor
Onkyo TX-SR605
6x Bose Acoustimass/Lifestyle double speakers
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire
i was using a Dreambox DM800HD PVR with Blackhole & CCcam to clear FTV channels using an out of contact Sky viewing card & box line which worked perfectly. however since upgrading to a Formuler F4 Turbo using Open ATV they wont clear at all. any ideas why or what im doing wrong, does Open ATV use a different format or something ? when i was using the Dreambox i also tried Sat Dream GR, Open Pli, Dream Elite, Merlin 3, Open TS, Nonsolosat & Open Eight & it worked perfectly with all of them

btw im not trying to do anything dodgy, just watch FTV channels using an out of contract viewing card

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Official .... But out of Contract?

What's left as FTV anyway?

stonesatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo 4K SE (2x DVB-S2X) (2x Xbox One USB tuners (1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-T2) (1x Nooelec NESDR Nano 2+ USB RTL-SDR tuner)
Triax TD110
Sky zone 1 minidish
Onkyo TX-SR605
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire
Official .... But out of Contract?

What's keft as FTV anyway?

Dave Ireland, local channels, Insight HD, Yesterday +1, Eir Sport 1 (freeviews) seems to only show freeviews on irish & northern irish cards (one of mine used to be a Northern Ireland sub, doesnt show freeviews on a UK card that i also have), Sony Movie Channel, Sony Movie Channel +1 & the adult channels (freeviews) is whats left

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

This thread in my opinion is dangerously close to the line.............

stonesatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110
Sky zone 1 minidish
Onkyo TX-SR605
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire
This thread in my opinion is dangerously close to the line.............

i thought it was legal to use a Sky card in another receiver, is just against their T&C im not a customer anyways so wouldnt of thought that applies ? apologies if im wrong tho

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
i thought it was legal to use a Sky card in another receiver, is just against their T&C im not a customer anyways so wouldnt of thought that applies ? apologies if im wrong tho
The only illegal act is being in possession of the viewing card if they were not issued to you. Read the back of a viewing card - they remain the property of Sky Subscriber Services. If not issued to you then they are legally "stolen property"

stonesatellite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110
Sky zone 1 minidish
Onkyo TX-SR605
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire
The only illegal act is being in possession of the viewing card if they were not issued to you. Read the back of a viewing card - they remain the property of Sky Subscriber Services. If not issued to you then they are legally "stolen property"
they were issued to me, i had two subs which i later cancelled both were registered to me. what i mean is im not a customer anymore so surely i cant be breaking their T&C for subs i had many moons ago

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

they were issued to me, i had two subs which i later cancelled both were registered to me. what i mean is im not a customer anymore so surely i cant be breaking their T&C for subs i had many moons ago

Just for your information the rules are quite clear about this sort of thing.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.