Cheapest way of getting BBC Prime

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
What would the cheapest way be of getting BBC Prime?

I know it's on numerous packages on multiple satellites.. Showtime, Canaal Netherlands, TV Cabo etc.

What is the cheapest/easiest way of receiving this?

And how much is it DTH via BBC itself?

..and is BBC Entertainment on Cyfrowy Polsat the same as BBC Entertainment in say, Asia.. as the schedules look different? :confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its not possible to subscribe to BBC Prime direct in the UK so the only route is to find a cheap foreign subscription package that carries it.

Its not very exciting really - virtually every time Ive seen it old episodes of bloody Eastenders has been on!

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Analoguesat said:
Its not possible to subscribe to BBC Prime direct in the UK so the only route is to find a cheap foreign subscription package that carries it.

Its not very exciting really - virtually every time Ive seen it old episodes of bloody Eastenders has been on!

The BBC Entertainment, BBC Knowledge and BBC Lifestyle combo interest me more on Cyfrowy Polsat - however the schedules look a bit odd (compared to BBC Entertainment Asia)- and I suspect it's a 'For Polish' version with various program changes, and possibly no English audio on some programs!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The BBC Polish channels are completely different from the Asian versions - it has to be due to the time differences for starters..

Its much like different programmes being available on versions of Eurosport even within Europe.

Providers are now very good at tailoring programmes for individual audiences.

astral69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020Si receiver, PLi image loaded and Irdeto and Viaccess cards installed. Dishes for Nilesat + Hotbird with lnb's for BADR and Eurobird 9
My Location
Middle East
I agree, why would anyone in the UK want to subscribe to BBC Prime??

Even the oldest BBC repeats on the UK channels are more up to date than BBC Prime.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Thats probably the point of why some people like it :toke:

I like to watch it every now and then when you sometime see some rather old repeats from the seventies & eighties :-lol