Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Shopping at Sainsbury's, yesterday, my usual Thursday shop, I noticed that they were already selling store baked mince pies, and today I checked to see when the Christmas movie channels will begin broadcasting, only to discover one has already begun. Great movies romance is already listing the odd Christmas movie, and, upon checking the EPG, they will start full Christmas movies from the 7th September. That's 4 months of Christmas.

I used to love Christmas but surely this is way too early.

Personally I would rather wait until late November, or early December, before even thinking about Christmas.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes, it has been mentioned on other forums I frequent, one of the gripes seems to be Halloween might be forgotten.

(Which is not such a bad idea)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Feckin xmas - the ONLY reason the supermarkets start selling the xmas tat so early is so they can "sell" it at vastly inflated prices for several weeks then apply a massive "discount" it (to the expected selling price) on the run up to the festivities.

So when folks see the mega sweetie box at half price they think they are getting a nice bargain. Suckers!

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
The local Home Bargains I noticed already had out for sale this time last week their outdoor Christmas lights

The children weren't even back in school from their Summer holidays!