ComAG HD-S CI100 - can't get ITV to work

RoastBeef

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC LT-37A80SU HDTV
Panasonic Sky digibox (brought over from the UK)
Comag HD-S CI100
Samsung bd-p1400
Sony STR-DB930 DTS Receiver (Still serving after 10 years!)
My Location
Germany
I've previously read that sticky but it wasnt very helpful.

I did notice that someone on that sticky asked for generic set up instructions but most of the info in this sticky is geared towards specific boxes.

There seems to conflicting information regarding the tp/frequencies.

Some try to use 11426 and some 11428 in their configuration???

KingOfSat website seems to confirm 11426:

EuroBird 1 (28.5°E), 2008-06-07 Der Sender ITV HD (England) startete um DVB-S: auf 11426.00MHz, pol.H (DVB-S SR:27500 FEC:2/3 SID:10510 PID:3401[MPEG-4] /3402 Englisch- Frei). VPID to be set manually

I presume this information is still up to date?

I've downloaded the STBupgrader/EditTransponder package for the Comag box and will have experiment with the settings........

MrNike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vantage BlindScan
Comag CI 100 HD
VDR Linux System
My Location
Germany
So anything new here ?
Got a comag a few days ago and i would love to recieve ITV HD too.

Greetings,
MrNike

Simon3116

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+
Comag HD-S CI100
Xbox 360
Toshiba HD E1
My Location
Germany
I have written to Comag and emailed then regarding ITV HD.

Because ITV HD is exclusive to freesat it uses H.222 software which the Comag can't decode without a software update.
If Comag update the software without approval then they would be liable to legal action.

Maybe if/when ITV HD becomes available on Sky then it may be available to all and with advertising revenues falling it may not be to long.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That hasnt stopped a dozen other receiver manufacturers fixing their boxes so they work.

:D

ElJayfit

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop Model -
Asus - A7U series
AMD Turon 64x2 - TL58 - 1.90GHz Memory 2gigb ram
windows vista 2007 - serv pack 1
I have a comag CHD 1000
High Def rec with 60 cm dish and 0.3db LNB
My Location
Rotherham
Comag HD Receiver built in editor, if you have a look in the right place, though the editor is not as good as the one that works on the PC in XP.... but if you want to give this a try it may help.

Not forgetting to update and save your channel list to USB/external HDD etc, so you dont mes sup your settings....

just a thought you can go into --
Menu -- then scroll down with down key to
Installation -- then select TP list
TP List -- with in TP List -- you should be given option to Edit -- Add -- Delete -- Search
Search -- select search -- then set you FTA Only to "No", Scan Channel to "TV + Radio", and finally Network Search to "No"
the Click OK...

you should find it search and trace three new channels -- two of which are ITV HD/hd, the third being "3855"
then save the channels and TP list before exiting.

I did this on my old comag HD, then go back into menu and select tv channel list -- if done correctly the new channels should have been added to the ASTRA 2A,2B,2D channel list and show at 860/861/861 or round about there if you not messed with the emu, or firmware etc previously.

It may also be pointed out that my Comag HD receiver remote does not seem to have a red interactive button anyway so I would have difficulty getting ITV HD through the normal ITV Yorkshire channel and selecting the red button.

It may also be worthwhile pointing out that with alittle experience you should be able to get STV HD on this receiver as I received it a few time, though STV HD is being tested on and off at the minute.

Good luck and if you have any problems let me know :)

LJ