Connecting games console to Humax Foxsat?

Reaction score
Website
www.independentliving.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Elap motorised satellite dish and digital receiver disecq 1.2
My Location
Normandy, France
Hello

I have connected a Nintendo Wii to my new Humax Foxsat, by plugging into the VCR Scart, as suggested in the Humax manual. I can't find out how to get the Wii to show up on the screen.

It sounded as if it should be recognised automatically, somehow, but I can't see it.

If anyone can tell me where it might be hiding, or what I'm doing wrong, that would be really great!

Many thanks

A

archive10

I bet you have your TV connected via HDMI.

Without having designed or buitl the thing, I am pretty certain the SCART input is merely passed through to the SCART output when that input is selected.

(I tried the same thing when I wanted to the SCART output from an SD receiver on a computer monitor with no analogue in.)

Ideal would of course be if the signal was digitised and upconverted to HDMI. But that would require much more circuitry, it's a lot easier to stay in the analog domain and pass the signal on to the output SCART socket.

To be fair to the Humax designers, it's probably a dictated by the chipset used. A lot of the hardware features of the boxes are simply there because the chipset used has them. Non-chipset features are much more expensive to implement. And they market is very price-sensitive...

Reaction score
Website
www.independentliving.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Elap motorised satellite dish and digital receiver disecq 1.2
My Location
Normandy, France
Thanks for this. In fact, Humax now say that you can't connect a games console through their box, but I have managed to get the TV set to recognise that it has 2 different inputs now, so the problem is solved!