Critical factor in getting Freesat EPG to work - Latest Channel List

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
yes it is and the channel are listed - there is just no signal. when I put in the new sat settings and tps for bbc hd say and scan they work. my firmware is version fs131 I think which fortec sent me a while ago.

Also is ther a way of editing the settingas for a prticular channel ie 108 bbc hd in my previous listing and getting it to work?

Thanks in advance

Shouldn't need to change anything. Here's BBC1 HD working OK on my my passion with the channel list I recently uploaded -

vlcsnap-2012-11-21-21h05m50s33.jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Eventually I was messing with the settings in Multi Satellite Scan Menu, and did a search for Astra 28.2, but set for 'Network', rather than the previous default of 'Free', this took an awful long time to complete, but when finished my 10847V23000 signal was restored...........hurrah.

I would be pleased if someone could perhaps explain precisely what these system changes have done.

Setting network prior to a search allows the receiver to pull the data relating to transponders, bouquets and channels direct from the satellite, rather than relying solely on the receivers own firmware, which will only be as recent as the last update.

The search doesn't always take longer, it depends on how much the data has changed in the meantime, but in the case of popular satellites such as Astra 2, there will almost always be more data available as the number of services increases..

bob_r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
43cm dish, fortec star passion receiver, Toshiba 37" full HD TV, windows XP Toshiba Tecra Laptop
My Location
Milton Keynes, UK
thanks channel hopper, much obliged for the info

pzyvbv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish and Fortec Start Passion+
My Location
United Kingdom
Setting network prior to a search allows the receiver to pull the data relating to transponders, bouquets and channels direct from the satellite, rather than relying solely on the receivers own firmware, which will only be as recent as the last update.

The search doesn't always take longer, it depends on how much the data has changed in the meantime, but in the case of popular satellites such as Astra 2, there will almost always be more data available as the number of services increases..
thanks channel hopper, much obliged for the info

I realise this is a (really!) old thread, but wondered if somebody would kindly post an up-to-date channel list? The one I have has most channels, but not all and I am unsure as to how to update the current channel list myself. The list I have came from a file I downloaded and updated via a USB stick.

Here's hoping.... Many Thanks

pzyvbv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish and Fortec Start Passion+
My Location
United Kingdom
The information within this thread suggest the list is still relatively up to date within post 2 from Llew

https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/resurrecting-fortec-passion-hd.160385/

Thank you for that. I think this may be the list I currently have so I have now deleted the 24 Olympic channels and added Spike, which are the changes I was aware of. The post you referenced was useful as it now gives me a way of adding individual channels as I find they are missing.

Regards
Chris

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think this may be the list I currently have so I have now deleted the 24 Olympic channels and added Spike, which are the changes I was aware of.

Do you know the total number of channels that can be stored in the Passion + ?

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
Here is my latest DNL file with all HD I think:-)

Attachments

• EU_CHDB.zip
    27.2 KB · Views: 50