My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
Blackbox 500?
OpenBox S10?
Optional Windows or Linux
My Location
UK
Hi There,

Newbie to the forum, Great info for me to get stuck into including the basics and tutorials (thanks to B16MCC) but could someone please direct me or give a brief answer to a few questions?

I have been lumbered :) with the duty of sorting out a mini card sharing ring between a group of 10 friends ( Sports nuts)!

I was looking at the BlackBox 500 and or openbox S10 (some want Hd some arent bothered) - Am i going down the correct lines for equipment? Based in Uk Budget from 50 a unit? any directions to 10 units to buy would be helpfull?

I understand how to setup and create ip and user accounts e.t.c but

Will my internet usage be effected for 10 users? should i get an extra line? 20mb line (apparently)

I place my subscripted card in a CS box from my location? Will i be able to share and watch at the same time? or one to share and seperate to receive personally?

will my branded box and functions be redundant? or can i use that also? listings, recording e.t.c (even if it was basic channels?) Funny Partner :)

Each box is placed in the recievers home connected to internet e.t.c, is there change and access of channels instant? or understandable delay? The only way to see PPV would be if i purchused it?

I have an option to use a standalone Laptop as a server going forward if needed? I often see references to creating a linux server? Spec 2.6ghz 2mb Ram? Would it work? How would it work? Directions if long winded but not bad on a computer if someone has instructions? open to hosting for members or something like that????

I think thats about it?

Many Thanks for your time and i hope someone can resolve these few queries? Hopefully it may help other newbie's!

M

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All the info you need can be found here on the forum. However you will need to sit down and read around - we do not allow any detailed help, simply because if we allow someone to give you step by step instructions on how to defraud pay tv operators it could get us closed down.