decisions vu+ or clarke tech/xtrend et9000

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
OldBen said:
Does the ET/Clarke 9000 still have the issue with the battery & bootloader?
That is a hardware issue so I can't see how it will ever go away. According to the VIX forum if the battery fails or is removed the boot track is lost and the only way to revive it is send it back to the manufacturer.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
cokeaddict said:
The blindscan function of the ET9000 is crap tbh, not worth bothering with as it has to do 4 scans (high / low and H/V) to do 1 complete scan as it were.
How does that make it crap? It's just the same as any other E2 blind scan, and the options make it tunable. Crap to me means the tuner misses lots of stuff (does it?).

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
Huevos said:
How does that make it crap? It's just the same as any other E2 blind scan, and the options make it tunable. Crap to me means the tuner misses lots of stuff (does it?).

Yes it is an E2 issue rather than a hardware issue.

However imo the blindscan is crap, as you have to do 4 scans to get 1 complete scan, it maybe a limitation of the software, but imo it's not a real blindscan.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi,

Et9000 now has HBBtv. Functions very well for many German HBB providers and Youtube I tested. Tried BBC iplayer also. The website opens - but stops with the ususual "Install a new flashplayer" notice. I have requested the developers to look for a workaround.

Cheers, pcd.

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
TJExcalibur said:
I see an American does the DM7020 for £284 but it must be a clone as they import loads of stuff from China.
I don't think that is a clone, it will be an old version, The 7020hd is not out yet, and the price will be over £500 from what ive seen, Dm are not going to sell an 800se single tuner box for £429, then sell a twin tuner cabable box for less than that

Pheonix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
uk
wod said:
I want to give linux receivers ago again after a bad experience with these before, I stupidly bought one of them tm 600 linux receivers and what a piece of s***.

now looking at these two I want to make sure to buy the right one this time but cant decide which one.

what did annoy me with the tm600 was having to mess around with memory card for extra memory and it would still lock up and freeze, having the image on the sd card so it would work properly.

regarding the memory and ram I would have thought the latest linux receivers would have at least a gigabyte for the flash and similar for system memory but looking at the spec of the et9000 it only has 128mb flash is that it ?

another thing the xtrend has a separate bootloader on a battery which does put me off if this ever goes wrong but the blindscan is one of the things i would like to have.

is there any info on this new vu+ ultimo that is out later this year as I cant seem to find anything official.

some advise would be welcome

i completly and utterly disagree, i have two TM600'S and they are by far one of the best E1 receivers going and far better hardware wise than my original DM600, granted it does not ahve the amount of image support of the DM e1 series receivers but i found both of mine to be exceptionally stable and very good receivers for the price.
as for the ET9000 you dont need to worry about the battery providing your not planning on removing it, the ultimo is not yet released and there is no offitial timeframe for the release either as far as i know.