Digitalb Card & Kaon HD Problem ????

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
Hi Guys,

Longtime no speak,

I have a problem and wonderted if any of you could help, I rcently bought a Kaon HD Receiver with Full Digitalb Gold Package direct from ssomeone that i know in albania.

What i wanted to do was watch card in my TM 1500Ci Super and give the HD Kaon box to my cousin who has an HD TV which i dont.

Would I be right in saying that Card and box are paired or can card work without box and visa versa, please advise ????

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:-worship:-worship:-worship

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
They have to be paired by DigitalB. Which is a shame, as it stops any other receivers from receiving HD.

Card can work without box, but you won't get HD.

Box will work without card, but presumably only for FTA, also dedicated boxes often don't have diseqc etc

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
so what your saying is once i have activated box and card they can be used separetly, if this is the case that is good news.
:-worship

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Think so yes, most people in thge UK who have DigitAlb don't use an official Kaon box, but you won't get HD though as said before. Probably worth checking it on a another receiver before you get rid of the Kaon. Personnaly I would keep it for the HD.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
Robbo71 said:
Think so yes, most people in thge UK who have DigitAlb don't use an official Kaon box, but you won't get HD though as said before. Probably worth checking it on a another receiver before you get rid of the Kaon. Personnaly I would keep it for the HD.

Hello Again Mate,

I have just connected receiver in question with card that i have been told have both been activated and as of yet i have no channels working have left on Channel (DIGI + ) still just message saying no acces ????

What i have done is dis-connected my TM1500 Ci Super and left on 16east and then set up Kaon receiver as it only receives 13 east and 16 east and set this receiver to work with Usuals enetered correct Longtitude and latitude and still nothing then connected original TM and all ok except ofcorse for Digitalb, I think this card will only work with Kaon receiver and not like i originally asked but thats not the main problem nothing clearing yet how long should it take ???

also have tuned in 13 east channels like Rai etc and it won`t turn over to it it stays on Digi +, very annoying.

Please advise can anybody help me please ????

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:-worship:-Nooo:-worship:-Nooo'O'-red

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Had my movie card for 6 months and it has always just worked. Read elsewhere that you have to leave it on Digi+ for the card to activate, overnight or equivalent and it doesn't always work first time, in which case you may have to contact the card seller.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
Will try it again tonight and see what i find in morning fingers crossed but i dont hold much hope, will keep in touch on what happens.

I know it sounds silly but not having hd tv would not stop me viewing channels and card would it ?
ie not using hd lead with hd stb.
O-no

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
Have got card open was told it was films and sport but only films open no sport grr what can i do ? also noticed that discory channels not opening ??

and card only opens in my tm1500CI super with conax cam ???

not in Kaon HD receiver ??

Can i run both stbs together with loop through, if so how, apologies should i start this question in new thread ?

I have tm1500 linked to tv with rb leads aerial leads ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I think you may have to leave it on Supersports 1 for the Sports.

The Discovery channels are mpeg4 so you won't get them on the TM1500.

The TM1500 shouldn't need a plug-in CAM for DigitalB, as it has embedded Conax, it might need patching, but didn't think it did.

Yes to use loop through, just take a cable out of the IF LOOP THROUGH connector on the TM1500 and plug it into the Kaon. If both boxes are on, the Kaon will only be able to get transponders that are on the same polarity and band as the TM.

albos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaon&digital reciever
My Location
uk
HI i'm Albos i've just bought a new KaonHD reciever but it only hold 2 type of frequences Eutelsatw2 and Hotbird i wonder if anyone in this site can help me to unlock it as a reciever so i can get more frequences???please