Just Sharing This DigiTurk Europe Package

A

Archive7

I have recently added an LNB pointing to Eutelsat 7E and there are a lot of DigiTurk TV channels.
There are several excellent FTA HD channels there. I wanted to watch the encrypted TV channels with a subscription.
I tried to get official package by contacting DigiTurk in Turkey, but obviously there was no reply.
TV Corner sell a DigiTurk Europe package but it is too expensive.
I finally found a German website that sells official DigiTurk Europe package, presumably because there is a market from Turks nationals living in Germany.
The number of channels isn't as big as the official DigiTurk subscription in Turkey.
There are two options: Family and Sport.
For 7E there is a CI+ Module Family option with several HD channels cost 139 Euro for 12 month contract.
I contacted the shop owner and they said no problem to ship outside Germany, but I need to sign a contract when I receive the package and only then they would activate the card for me.
They were quite friendly and very helpful.
I ordered the module and hopefully they will keep their word about the activation.
There is also IPTV option also for family and sport, but I believe that satellite video quality is much better than IPTV.
If anyone is interested, I would be happy to help.
I believe shipment cost to the UK is much cheaper than what I paid.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Interesting - and rather cheap too. Let us know how you get on. I always like dabbing with real subscriptions to see what it is I get for my money (vs money grabbing Sky, for example!)

A

Archive7

Interesting - and rather cheap too. Let us know how you get on. I always like dabbing with real subscriptions to see what it is I get for my money (vs money grabbing Sky, for example!)
Polish subscriptions are also quite cheap and you get a lot more channels for your money with English audio.
Unfortunately the DigiTurk TV channels don't seem to carry any subtitles or HOH presumably everyone there is healthy, so I am going to have a hard time understanding the dialogues.
Only channel is BBC HD they carry Turkish subtitles but this is not included in the package.
I try to learn a new language now and then and Turkey is our next door neighbor so to speak so maybe when things get better in the region, I could make a short holiday there and knowing a bit of the language can always help.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Last time I saw Digiturk, a lot of their channels did carry English subtitles, especially film ones. Unlike other channels, the subtitles don't appear if you don't have a picture... (I guess it's encrypted as well).

I have Polsat subscription, which is £150 per year....which is what some people pay for Sky per month :eek:

A

Archive7

Last time I saw Digiturk, a lot of their channels did carry English subtitles, especially film ones. Unlike other channels, the subtitles don't appear if you don't have a picture... (I guess it's encrypted as well).
Thanks for that. There is hope then.

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Captain Jack. Would you be able to tell me where I could get the Polsat subscription. Would really like that.
PM me if you like.
Thank you in advance..

A

Archive7

In the DigiTurk official website, they have this offer
Engelli Kampanyası | Digiturk

Engelleri Birlikte Aşıyoruz!

Engelli vatandaşlarımız, gazilerimiz,
şehit eşleri, vazife malulleri ve eşlerine
Digiturk %50 indirimli!

Google Translation

We overcame the hurdles together!

Disabled citizens, veterans,
Wives of martyrs, duty workers and their spouses
Digiturk 50% discount!

If this is true and not part of a sales offer, then it is really commendable.
In fact I haven't seen such offers from any other country.
I think OAP in any country deserve a similar discount for watching TV, since it is almost the only thing that keep them from going insane with nothing else to do. Reading books can be a great pleasure, if they still have good eyesight.

Not sure if they need a TV license in Turkey. In Israel it is not required since about a year ago and OAP were exempt from paying the license but that was a joke because they could only watch the IBA Channel 1, Channel 2 and Channel 10 which are not worth watching.

A

Archive7

The Digiturk Europe CI+ module was shipped by DHL on 14/8 and was handed over on the 23/8 to the Israel Post and there is no sign of it ever since. Got stuck on customs inspection for about a week now.
I don't know how do you rate your country's postal service, but the Israel Post is one of the worst in the world.
I paid 50 Euro for the small item and asked the seller if they can ship with Deutsche Post because it is a lot cheaper and it gets through customs inspection a lot faster from my experience, but they said no only DHL. So I am guessing they want to make extra money shipping through DHL there is no way a small parcel shipment would cost 50 Euro especially when the final delivery is made by local post office.
The sad thing is that all the Turkish channels in this paid subscription are FTA on Turksat 42E, but I can't receive it because of the high rise buildings I have in front if my apartment. And Turksat has more FTA HD channels than Eutelsat 7E.
Perhaps I will ask my dish installer to come again next year (before my subscription expires) and try to do his best to point to 42E. Even if this means putting another dish because he tried with the installed dish pointing to Hotbird 13E and got only 7E and ruined my reception of 9E while doing this.
Sorry about the rant guys.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Customs are bad throughout the world I think. Receiving stuff in the UK from anywhere results in the item spending more time in customs than actually being transported.

It takes about 2-3 days for a package to reach the UK from, say, US and then 10-14 days sitting on someone's desk being poked and probed before being passed to delivery company (usually Parcel Farce here).

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
A

Archive7

Yes. I finally got the parcel.
The package inside has a CI+ Irdeto module, a subscription card and a two page contract form in German.
I am supposed to fill in the personal details including my passport number, and bank account.
The problem was the contract is in really small print and very hard to read even for a German national with healthy eye sight.
I asked the seller to send me the form in selectable text so that I can use a machine translator, but they didn't reply till today.
Did the dirty work of scanning and OCRing the bloody pages (with a lot of errors) it took me ages just to get an idea what it is all about and what I am getting myself into.
I finally gave up, signed the contract today and sent it to the seller requesting to activate the smartcard.
I don't know if I need to switch to a specific channel or it doesn't matter. They didn't even answer me on that.
I think most of the interesting Turkish HD channels are available FTA on 42E but this satellite is blocked by high buildings.
Maybe I will give it another go next year before the end of this subscription.
Will report back if this was really worth it and which channels do I get.
ATM I am waiting for the card to be activated.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Thanks for the update. Do you have a link to this seller? I searched for Digiturk Euro on amazon.de but it only came up with some subscriptions with receivers and not CI modules.

A

Archive7

I can give you the link of the provider company in Europe (it took me a long time to find them) that do these packages.
Perhaps it would be better to order directly from them instead of a seller, at least you get the activation faster I think.
SmartMarken Digiturk Yetkili Bayi
I wouldn't consider their IP offers. Satellite reception has better quality.
Beware of the sport packages. It looks like they are based mainly on Turkish football teams, but I could be wrong.
I don't see the CI+ module here ATM
There are probably several sellers working for them.
My seller is called Anten and their e-shop is called Ariasat from Germany.
https://www.anten.de
https://www.ariasat.de/en/

A

Archive7

After waiting for few hours, I started to get some error codes.
First saying that my card and settop box are not paired. Then it changed to please wait while the card is being synchronized.
I asked the seller if I need to switch to a certain channel but no reply.
I have switched to an encrypted channel that is included in the package and waited all night without success. Now it is on an FTA channel and hopefully something good will happen in the end.
The receiver is on all the time, not even in standby mode.
In contrast, the nc+ smartcard has always worked very fast for me, after the seller contacted the provider and switching to TVP1 HD. A matter of few minutes at most.
I expected to see the card validity period, but so far nothing.
Perhaps Irdeto encryption has more layers of security protection, but enough is enough I am getting very frustrated with this card and the lack of communication with the provider.

A

Archive7

No luck till now to clear the channels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Well, that's certainly put me off this particular dealer for sure....

A

Archive7

Well, that's certainly put me off this particular dealer for sure....
I don't think it is his fault at all. I am quite satisfied with their service so far, apart from the channels not clearing which wasn't expected.
Apparently the DigiTurk (in Turkey) are having technical problems ONLY with the CI+ module and hopefully they will sort it out today or during the week.
I have plenty of patience so I will just wait.

A

Archive7

I finally got the channels cleared.
Eurosport 1 HD and Eurosport 2 HD are included, if this is of interest to anyone.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Excellent! What's the quality of the images like?