dm 600 pvr

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s acer aspire 5332 bt home hub
My Location
scotland
hi guys got a wee problem i need help with.when i transfer the var file when i reboot its gone.any ideas? also i dont have a blue button menu on this box.what would people advise me to have in my box?
thanks

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
hi again i think i have worked out that with enigma you dont get blue button and i cant transfer cccam with enigma. i am trying to get this set up would somebody please help me with some links as i have been at this for days.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I am not a dreamer so cannot help however, you are asking for people to advise you what to have in your box but unless you actually say what you are trying to achieve as an end result with your setup people would not be able to advise you a particular course of action. The permutations and uses of a dreambox can be quite diverse

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
Hi thanks for taking the time to get back to me.I am meant to be getting to card share i bought two boxes a dm500s and a dm600s both clones,i think i have the dm500 ready to use for that.
I was just gonna set up the dm600 the same use it and then see what else i can learn through reading posts to do with my dm500.
I am only realy asking these questions hoping somebody had seen a post with one off my questions answered so i can read up on it. Two off my questions could off been answered with a yes or no i hope lol.I am not trying to be smart with this reply and i am greatfull that you took the time to reply as there is so much to learn for a newbie.
thank you once again.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If you are going to delve into the illegal world of card sharing then you need to read the appropriate forums to glean your information as each scenario is different

When you say

readyrangers said:
i think i have the dm500 ready to use for that.

What do you mean, do you mean it has been bought to connect straight to a card sharing server?

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
Hello i am just wanting to use the dm500 for playing about with ie flasing images trying add-ons ect then trying the next stage maybe with a bigger dish as i get to know more.I was meaning that my dm500 is connected to my homehub and pc i have managed to install cccam and set it to astra 28.2.I am waiting on the person coming back from holiday to tell me what i need to do next.
Thats why i asked a couple o questions about the dm600 as once its set up i want to leave it alone but cant get it to the same stage hence why i asked about the enigma that it came preflashed with.
thanks shaun

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The first thing to remember is that it normally takes WEEKS of tinkering to master the dark arts of the more advanced functions of linux boxes

If you expected to take a linux receiver out of its box and have card shares working between them in a few hours then you were sadly deluded. Once you know what you are doing then its fairly obvious. However, theres no easy way to learn - no-one will hold your hands on this forum and talk you through it. You have to go through the same pain as everyone else who has ever used a dreambox and set their own shares up from scratch.

Secondly, we will NOT permit any discussions of step by step help in setting c/s up. Simply because the forum could easily get closed down by the pay tv company lawyers. We know the security goons monitor the forums and if a complaint went in to the server hosts they wouldnt hesitate to shut us down.

All the information you need can be found on the forum, but if you want to learn what to do then you have many hours of reading in front of you.

BTW if you are planning to c/s Sky uk you are wasting your time - it looks like Sky have started to test anti c/s measures in the last week. And about time too.

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
hi thanks for setting me straight there on a few things as a newbie in this i was only going by what i got offered.I am not asking how to card share i am just asking to see if i can get it set up the same way ie with cccam on it.
I just read my original post and notice the error i asked what to put in it when i should off asked which image would recommend as i was not sure what was best sorry for that.
thank you

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
readyrangers said:
I am not asking how to card share i am just asking to see if i can get it set up the same way ie with cccam on it.

More or less the same thing really :D

If you can find the cam on a site you can install them manually - instructions are on the forum.

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
thank you again for taking the time to help me.i did find a post somewhere before when i was looking for something else but can not find it again.

readyrangers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
hi again i found it i could not see for looking i have been trying to take in to much at once.