Do Humax have built in USALS?

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
Sorry if this is a daft question but I am looking to buy a Humax for my motorised dish system. However a 'knowledgeable' friend has told me I will need a separate dish mover as Humax do not have one built in. (I don't believe him but better safe than sorry).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have a Humax Foxsat and a Humax Foxsat HDR.

They are both USALS capable.

One of mine is used with a Motor and the other with multiple LNBs.

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
Thank you very much Tivù I understand I have to input my location (which I have). I believe I also have to set my 'limits'. How do I find out what limits to enter? Your help much appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Those are software limits, and I haven't set any.

They are just an additional feature to make sure your dish cannot be driven to the point of crashing in to a wall! I make do with the hardware limits on the motor alone.

It isn't very instinctive to figure out how to drive the Humax, and I'm afraid I would find it very hard to give you instructions, so the best you can do (and also the most worthwhile thing) is to play around.

The DiSEqC/USALS features are not the primary selling point for Freesat Products, so I suspect in the case of the Humax they are a legacy from their adaptation form similar Humax kit sold elsewhere in the world.

It took me a while to learn how to drive it properly, but once set up it's fine.

Don't forget you cannot get into the full non-freesat mode to enable other Satellites etc until you've first done a non-freesat scan on 28E: Best advice I can give is to confine that scan to the Sky News Transponder alone - not only is Sky News not available in Freesat mode, so is a useful one to have in your non-freesat list, but restricting the scan will seriously reduce the amount of channel editing (ie Deletion!) you'd otherwise have to do. And the scan fulfils the pre-condition for being able to use the Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue sequence for accessing full non-freesat mode.

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
Thanks once again Tivù - your help appreciated. I will certainly follow your suggestions. Brian