Dreambox Kaputt Poll

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
My DM500s.About seven years old still works alright.Though it does not get used much these days.In fact the last time I fired it up it took some time to work out how the menu's worked.A few years ago I changed a capacitor,and the remote.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
My Dreambox 5620 still works since 2004, it was downgraded to a "normal" receiver in the bedroom so my wife can watch something while I watch football downstairs. It used to drive a diseq motor, now it's only on one sat so that might prolong it's life a bit. But I have to say, more than 10 years and still going, not bad. By Qboxhd packed up after 6 years or so...I hope I don't jinx it by praising it :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Still have my Dreamboxes T_G. must be the same age as yours too.
My Daughter uses the 5620 & Using the 7000 myself in the kitchen. Still as stable as ever.
Upgrading to a New HD box as main box and will probally move 7000s to bedroom.
Gemini on the 5620 & Demon Pli on multiboot in 7000s. Wife still has her skybox and wouldnt do without it.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I have very sad news, my Dreambox 5620 has finally connected itself to the big cosmic satellite dish in heaven :(
It was the first Linux receiver I ever had, bought after listening to the excellent advise of Rolfw.

It was stuck on boot, and then died completely before I had time to try to re-flash it. No lights coming on, there is a small flicker when I turn the power button off. I guess it is the power supply. I wonder if it makes sense to try to fix it. On the other hand, maybe it's time to say goodbye and scrap it.