My Satellite Setup
Astra 2A
Fortec Star Passion + HD
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro (2x)
My Location
Scotland
Hi,

I'm looking for an installer who could put up an 80 cm dish with two LNBs - one pointing at 28.2 and one at 19.2. The property is located close to Dundee. There is currently a 60 cm dish on the building picking up Astra 2 on a South facing wall 5m above ground. I'm not sure if the same location is also suitable for 19.2, as there are quite a few tall trees in the vicinity that my obstruct the satellite. According to my (amateur) calculations, the satellite may just clear the trees by about 1m, but if my estimate of the tree height is off, then it may just be below the crowns. It's thus possible that the installation site would have to be moved onto the roof/chimney stack with some restrictions there as well, as the house is located in a conservation area. I haven't bought the dish/LNBs yet since I was hoping to find a professional installer in my area who would be able to do the job, and could be convinced more easily if they'd be able to buy the dish themselves. However, not one of the installers I've contacted was able to fit more than one LNB on a dish. So I'm somewhat at a loss. I'm thinking about doing it myself, but am not really comfortable working at that height or on the roof. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even just contact information of a professional installer in the Dundee area able to do the job would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I honestly cant believe how bad Scotland is for sat installers!, Totally dominated by dafty third party Sky installers.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mythtv with Freeview
My Location
Edinburgh, UK
Limulus,
I suggest contacting 'Blue Sky Digital Solutions', based in Glenrothes. Stuart installed a Triax 1.1m dish with a multiple LNBs (19.2, 23.5 and 28.2) for me about 2 years ago. He installed it in my requested location (on the chimney stack of a terrace flat) and it has performed perfectly ever since. I was worried about the big dish staying put in the strong wind, but it has been fine. I would definitely use them again - infact I'm trying to make contact to get a 4th LNB fitted right now.

Martin.

Limulus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2A
Fortec Star Passion + HD
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro (2x)
My Location
Scotland
Hi Martin,
This sounds great. I'll get in touch with them and see if they will come out to Newport. I had someone here today who gave me a quote of GBP 450 to do the job. This sounded steep to me. He would provide the dish and LNBs and perform the installation, but there's no need for a cable run (I already have two cables running from the current dish). It'll be very good to get a second quote.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
£450 isnt steep, its chuffing vertical!!:eek: I'd charge less than half that, a two LNB multi LNB job, wow what a rip!

Limulus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2A
Fortec Star Passion + HD
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro (2x)
My Location
Scotland
That's what I thought. I'm desperate to find someone, but (not yet) that desperate.
Ghostleader said:
£450 isnt steep, its chuffing vertical!!:eek: I'd charge less than half that, a two LNB multi LNB job, wow what a rip!

Limulus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2A
Fortec Star Passion + HD
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro (2x)
My Location
Scotland
I found someone to do the job for 175 on Tuesday (including supplies). I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for you help Martin, you pointed me in the right direction.

Limulus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2A
Fortec Star Passion + HD
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro (2x)
My Location
Scotland
Job Done. Everything is working great!!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mythtv with Freeview
My Location
Edinburgh, UK
Glad to be of help - but do you mind posting exactly who it was who did the job for you? "In the right direction" kind of suggested it wasn't who I suggested ;-)

Martin