Emulators for games systems...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can get game system emulators for PC and Mac that play ROMs for most older systems.

Anyone used any - what do you think about them?

I have had a few in the past and we tried a lot of games for the Gameboy before we bought them.

The good thing was it saved money because a lot of the games were rubbish and you only ever found that out after you bought them - and they wouldn't take them back!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I have LOADS! When I get sometime, maybe tomorrow, I'm bang some on here in attachments.

I still play Super Mario Kart (SNES) like a religion, and I've worked out how to play in online, albeit with some annoying lagging.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I had about 400 SNES roms quite a few years back, but when XP came along the emulator didn't work properly and I never got around to looking out an XP one. I probably still have the ROMs somewhere, should look them out sometime.

They were great fun, a lot of them were in Japanese and I'd never heard of a few, but the old classics were fantastic. :)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I tried a few for regular PC games, found none working OK

Have some old 486 games, can´t run them on XP, and a few that will run have no sound or they are so slooow

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attached

unzip SNES9XW (do not unzip the Mario Kart.zip), click on the game pad file, sort out the joypad config from OPTIONS, and upload the game from FILE

it has an online play option, so if anyone fancies a game, I'm up for it - apparently up to 4 can play

i've got more games which i will post soon(-ish).

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
As promised, here's some more SNES roms, and "Worms" is in the following post below. Would have uploaded Donkey Kong as well, but they are too big 'O'

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Would love to play at Mario Kart but I've got a Mac.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
there you are :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
gameboy said:
Would love to play at Mario Kart but I've got a Mac.

Shame. I know the latest 9X is Mac, can't remember what the website is, but it's easy to find. Surprised people aren't interested.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think this is great - a classic MK online track-bashing sounds fun. I enjoy MK DS online.

I just don't have time at the minute to fart around, but hopefully over the hols I'll give it a *****.

I have Spectaculator V6.25 to emulate the Speccy, and a ton of games which is a lot of fun. Some don't run too good, but it's a great stroll down memory lane. I also have all the ACG games which were never 'released' rights-wise.

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL ***** above actually says c r a c k, but not in that sense ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL ***** above actually says c r a c k, but not in that sense ;)

That's barmy, why's it blocking out c r a c k? Some people just have warped minds :D Hopefully some people people will be interested, a 4 player battle mode would be a blast.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Salty25 said:
That's barmy, why's it blocking out c r a c k? Some people just have warped minds :D Hopefully some people people will be interested, a 4 player battle mode would be a blast.

Im up for it, but I suppose we would all have to arrange a specific time, then email/pm each other beforehand to verify, then one of us (probably me ) would be called out to another late job.

I have used emulator progs in the past to play some of the arcade classics - Asteroids is in the games section of course - but I used to be a high flyer with Defender, and Star Castle, some of the Bally games were highly addictive - including a mobster chase game in cars and boats with a sound track of Peter Gunn - AND THEN THERE WAS GRAVITAR - possibly the most brain sucking/finger blistering game known to man.

Must have spent hundreds of pounds at the local arcade to master the levels back in the 80's.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Channel Hopper said:
Im up for it, but I suppose we would all have to arrange a specific time, then email/pm each other beforehand to verify, then one of us (probably me ) would be called out to another late job.

Absolutely, try and arrange something over the festive season.:-thumbup