Advice Needed EPG, Enigma, 7020/7080HD questions.

intracube

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
England
Hi, I'm thinking about getting either a DM 7020HD or 7080HD (last box was a DM600). Can anyone confirm if the following usability issues have been fixed:

- When watching to the end of recordings, the DM600 would always get stuck and not be able to rewind. The only fix was to restart from the beginning.

- Mode switching between live tv/file playback was unintuitive. If you switched from live tv to file mode, then just backed out of the recordings menu, you'd still be watching live TV. The Dreambox could be left in this state. Then pressing channel up/down on the remote would start file playback and move up/down the playlist - rather confusing if this happens some time later and you forgot you switched to file mode.

Any similar oddities with the new boxes?

I read there's now reliable EPG access. Is it a straightforward addon to install and does it give 7 days EPG data?
Does it need an internet connection or does it grab the programme data from the broadcast?

What's the general build quality of the 7020/7080HD? I always found the 600 a bit of a mixed bag - sometimes jumping in and out of RGB mode when the network was enabled. Occasional horizontally shifted image when using 4:3 centre mode. Darth Vader audio. etc.