Just Sharing This eSATA HDD for VU+ Solo SE V2

A

Archive7

I ran out of USB connectors on my VU+ Solo SE V2.
I wanted to free one USB connector by using the eSATA connector for recording.
But for some odd reason it is very difficult to find these days an eSATA external HDD so I decided to build one using a special package.
Ordered the Fantec USB 3.0 / SATA 6G + eSATA aluminum enclosure.
FANTEC DB-ALU3e-6G Festplattengehäuse 8,9 cm SATA: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör
I was mislead in the Fantec product datasheet about the eSATA cable and thought that the enclosure comes without the eSATA cable and added one to the order.
Anyway, I received it this week and there are two cables for the USB 3.0 and eSATA plus power supply adapter.
Bought a 4TB WD internal HDD and it seems to work well. Soon I will have a free USB connector after moving all recodings to eSATA HDD.
If at any time in the future I upgrade to a new VU+ receiver that doesn't have an eSATA connector, I can use the USB 3.0 cable instead.

A

Archive7

The new eSATA HDD is driving me crazy.
It spins all the time and the noise it makes is unbearable.
When I switch the receiver into Deep Standby, it stays on and spins for a long time and I have to switch it off with the on/off switch that comes with the enclosure.
I have set VU+ Setup for HDD standby to few minutes and it works, but if I try to watch any recordings, it starts making that horrible noise.
The HDD is quite expensive and I don't want it to get damaged because of this stupid issue.
The other HDD is as quite as a mouse never gave me any trouble so far.
I read somewhere that this is probably has something to do with the log subfolder.
I have it in /tmp/oscam.log.
Thanks for your help.