Ethernet connection on IP9000HD help please!

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
I have had my box since Sept. 08 and have never been able to get it’s ethernet connection to work. I have now bought a dreambox and whilst setting the ethernet connection I did a parallel set up with my IPBox . The result being the db works fine but the ipbox still doesn’t work. Using PCEidtor or DCC it cannot establish a connection. I have tried manual ip & auto ip setting and every combination of connection wireless, wired (straight, cross over and powerline) with and without my router/modem.

The only way to find out if it works would be to get it seen by an authorized service agent so does anyone know of one in the UK in the Lincolnshire area where I live. If there is anyone who has a working set up that would be willing to try my box for me in a reasonable traveling distance please send me a PM.

Please do not suggest the seller he claims there is no fault with the box despite never having seen it.

Any help please,
Regards,
meagain

empusa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IPBox 900HD, 80cm dish on rotator
+ Fortec Star Beta on a fixed dish
My Location
Fairford, Glos
Sounds like a fault to me.

If you set your router/modem to DHCP and connect the IPBox, what settings can you see in Information, Network Information?

Does the network connection LED on the router light up to indicate a working connection?

It might be worth updating the box to a newer Linux image to see if that fixes the problem. I'm currently using the latest NLB image as it's more network friendly than the AB image.

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
empusa said:
Sounds like a fault to me.

If you set your router/modem to DHCP and connect the IPBox, what settings can you see in Information, Network Information?

Does the network connection LED on the router light up to indicate a working connection?

It might be worth updating the box to a newer Linux image to see if that fixes the problem. I'm currently using the latest NLB image as it's more network friendly than the AB image.

I still cannot get a working connection. I have changed the image as you suggested. If I set the ip address using DHCP it removes the manual address but all the values remain 0. The LED lights on the router and a red LED lights inside the box when the cable is connected

Thanks for the reply,
Regards
meagain123

empusa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IPBox 900HD, 80cm dish on rotator
+ Fortec Star Beta on a fixed dish
My Location
Fairford, Glos
It's looking more like a fault now.

Have you tried contacting Card Mania, they supply IPBoxes although they normally use drop shipping from Germany. They are quite close to you in Mansfield. Their website:_www.satonline.co.uk

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
empusa said:
It's looking more like a fault now.

Have you tried contacting Card Mania, they supply IPBoxes although they normally use drop shipping from Germany. They are quite close to you in Mansfield. Their website:_www.satonline.co.uk

Thanks for your help I will contact Cardmania. It will be good to hopefully solve a problem that's gone on since I first got the box.
Thanks once again,
Best wishes,
meagain123