Ethnic Commercial Satellite Installers in SE London

Alan Hodgkinson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
SE London
Hi Guys

I'm completely new to the group and to satellite TV really - so not sure if this is the right forum for this post. If not, please advise.

My work involves helping people save money on their utilities (gas, elec, mobile, phone and broadband). The phone and bb supplier is frequently Sky or Virgin because of the TV component which we all know is very expensive. I would like to find some good reliable satellite installers in SE London who know their way around the best (& simplest) way to get ethnic content - starting with someone familiar with Indian TV - am going to see a lady today who watches Star Gold, Star Plus and UMP Movies + others. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks for your help

Alan

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum,

This is as good a place as any but this is ostensibly a hobbyists forum, that has a number of installers as members and staff. I unfortunately am not an installer and generally you may have to wait until this evening until they do finish their day's work. In general terms though the content of all the different satellites on the Clarke curve are optimised for their target audience in whatever country that happens to be, but with a number of exceptions where technical knowledge with dish size etc can often overcome those footprint restrictions whilst still staying within the local authority planning rules. Hence there is not a fix all solution to your problem and your progress is governed by the wishes and desires of each individual customer.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Well, Sky UK carries a number of Indian channels and I think it's actually the best spot for it. Some are free, some subscription-based.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Star Gold and Star Plus are both owned by News Corp and in the UK (with a sensibly sized dish) are only available as part of any of the Sky UK TV packs with a minimum £21.50 per month sub.

Here is a page with a list of all international channels on 28East - the satellite used by Sky = including all subscription free channels - http://skyasia.tv/sky-asia-tv

Here is also a site where you can find subscription free channels originating from any country and which satellite the dish needs to be aligned on - http://www.flysat.com/fta.php

Alan Hodgkinson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
SE London
Star Gold and Star Plus are both owned by News Corp and in the UK (with a sensibly sized dish) are only available as part of any of the Sky UK TV packs with a minimum £21.50 per month sub.

Here is a page with a list of all international channels on 28East - the satellite used by Sky = including all subscription free channels - http://skyasia.tv/sky-asia-tv

Here is also a site where you can find subscription free channels originating from any country and which satellite the dish needs to be aligned on - http://www.flysat.com/fta.php

Thanks for this and previous replies. Customer is currently with Sky and i suspect she may be better off staying there for current (Star) content. But, to a non satellite person (ie keep it simple please), what would she have to do to get the free content above if we stopped her sky subscription to save £21.50/month. Thanks again in advance. Alan

Alan Hodgkinson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
SE London
Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum,

This is as good a place as any but this is ostensibly a hobbyists forum, that has a number of installers as members and staff. I unfortunately am not an installer and generally you may have to wait until this evening until they do finish their day's work. In general terms though the content of all the different satellites on the Clarke curve are optimised for their target audience in whatever country that happens to be, but with a number of exceptions where technical knowledge with dish size etc can often overcome those footprint restrictions whilst still staying within the local authority planning rules. Hence there is not a fix all solution to your problem and your progress is governed by the wishes and desires of each individual customer.

Thanks for the welcome Topper. I haven't seen the amo, amas, amat (?) over 40 years. Brings back fond memories and some not so fond! Alan

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for this and previous replies. Customer is currently with Sky and i suspect she may be better off staying there for current (Star) content. But, to a non satellite person (ie keep it simple please), what would she have to do to get the free content above if we stopped her sky subscription to save £21.50/month. Thanks again in advance. Alan

Hi Alan

Well as with many things that are taken over by News Corporation it seems options have disappeared for alternative satellite reception possibilities so in this case it appears you are correct there is no choice. If the customer already has high speed broadband, there is always the possibility of an IPTV setup, I am not making a recommendation of such a service mentioning an alternative
http://www.iptv-china.com/StarIPTV-Channels.pdf

Thanks for the welcome Topper. I haven't seen the amo, amas, amat (?) over 40 years. Brings back fond memories and some not so fond! Alan
Yes rather a dead language these days but was very popular in its day especially in grammar schools as a basis for other languages.

There was not enough room for the full conjugation :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

Nothing - the box will continue to work almost exactly the same as before for the free channels. (Pull the subs card out of the box to demonstrate this)

The only things that will happen is that the recording function will cease to work if its a Sky+ box, and any recordings of encrypted channels will become unavailable..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Foe Bangladeshi, Pakistani & Indian channels the Sky 28E slot is the best option in European skies as the satellites that actually serve the sub continent are below our eastern horizons.