Just Sharing This Extended ku - 13.4 to 13.65 ghz reception.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Thanks to Forum member Moonbase who very kindly imported a small quantity of custom Extended Ku 13.4 to 13.65 GHz lnb's for a few forum members to enable us to explore the arc and this new section of the Ku satellite band.
The equipment should be fitted on my reflectors later on in the week to come.
Here's a few pics of the imported items.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Extended Ku-Band LNB ... reduced..jpgimage002.pngimage003.png

itchybag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 stab motor with VU+ SOLO 4k, dm800, prof 7500
My Location
earth
cool, didnt even know there was a little more room a the top. Any lists of whats been spotted so far?

are current tuners able to tune the extended band ?

Last edited:

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
cool, didnt even know there was a little more room a the top. Any lists of whats been spotted so far?

are current tuners able to tune the extended band ?

Very early days for this segment of the Ku band for enthusiasts to explore - Amos-17 @ 17°E has downlinks info for 13.4 to 13.65 GHz beams for Africa & not known if steerable at this stage. Iv'e not seen any reports as yet of any received signals but time will tell.
I have a CM 1.2 as a test dish that will be fitted with a new 12.75 - 13.75 GHz lnbf that has an unobstructed arc view from 70°E to 70°W for me to cast the search net for any signs of life of any kind.
Re: LO's - Ideally a receiver or PC card that has a lnb LO 'User Input' feature is ideal , enter LO 11.800 so as to give you the received frequency, it should work ok with receivers that do not have this function - i will test this out on some less equipped receivers at a later date.
** Very early days for this Ku segment - There might be absolutely nothing of interest, or indeed nothing at all at this early stage, but if you don't cast your net - you don't catch!.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
...are current tuners able to tune the extended band ?

I have attached a picture below of a Technomate TM-5402 HD (M3) receiver that is setup for the extended Ku-Band range on 17.0E. Apologies for the reflective glare circle in the centre of TV screen but you can still see the LNB setup on the right side.

Attachments

• TM-5402 17.0E Ku-E.jpg
    TM-5402 17.0E Ku-E.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 48

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Thanks to Forum member Moonbase who very kindly imported a small quantity of custom Extended Ku 13.4 to 13.65 GHz lnb's for a few forum members to enable us to explore the arc and this new section of the Ku satellite band.
The equipment should be fitted on my reflectors later on in the week to come.
Here's a few pics of the imported items.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 131542View attachment 131543View attachment 131544

... Pictures courtesy of Moonbase

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The original forum query was exactly one year ago.