Fibo Dish Problem

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
The symptons do sound more like a reciever fault. :-hny

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
johnsattuk said:
The symptons do sound more like a reciever fault. :-hny

....this is why I have brought my old Echostar into service to make sure I am using a reliable receiver. I have connected all the wires except the 5 volt and I tried moving the motor now out of it's shell. I got a little bit of life out of the motor before it stopped again. By gently pushing the larger metal wheel while pressing the west- east buttons,I was able to coax it to move again slightly. It only wants to move one way for a couple of seconds. Moving the wheel does turn all the cogs and turns the external gog that drives the dish. There is no obvious sign of damage.

This establishes:
the motor is working....a little bit
there is no physical damage

could it be that the motor is no longer strong enough to drive the dish and is damaged internaly:-hny?

Attachments

• Motor 1.jpg
    Motor 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Motor 2.jpg
    Motor 2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Motor 3.jpg
    Motor 3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 31

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
If you do not connect the 5v, you will not get pulses back to the reciever, ( unless you have converted it to a reed sw. ) and generally, recievers stop driving as soon as they lack pulses :D

The pulse circuit boards do fail on these motors occasionaly, usually due to a misconnection, or a fault in the reciever 5v supply

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
johnsattuk said:
If you do not connect the 5v, you will not get pulses back to the reciever, ( unless you have converted it to a reed sw. ) and generally, recievers stop driving as soon as they lack pulses :D

The pulse circuit boards do fail on these motors occasionaly, usually due to a misconnection, or a fault in the reciever 5v supply

Thank you John

I have now found some extra wire and attached the 5 volt. Unfortunately it has not made any difference. It does sound like if the optic circuit may have gone then. I think I may have to send the motor to Amsterdam for repair then. or buy a motor from you, if that is still on offer

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystarcard,Fortec's life time ultra's, MaxPlus 2100's,Dreambox and a Tandberg
My Location
Amsterdam
Take 2 wire's and a 36 Volts (or lower) power suply.

Put it direct on the motor and see of he turns. cross wire's and he must turn to the ather site.
If turns motor are ok.
If you turn the gold colored gogh insite the complete part must turn. This is the low resistens piont for turning by your hand.
If you will i can send a new print with the resistors etc on so you can switch it to see of this is broken.
Afther you test you send it back or keep it and pay for it.
When thats to mutch work send me that motor i send a revision motor to you.

All when you will it ofcourse

Sorry for bad Englisch

:-HoHo

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
Thanks everybody for your help. johnsattuk has swapped me with a Reed version and I have replaced the wiring and added a V box 2 to my Technomate TM1500. I have been testing all day and the new system is working well.

A special thanks to johnsattuk for all his help and to Snuffer as well:-hny