Fortec star HD receiver now in maplin

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
The Passion HD receiver will be on offer at Maplin from Wednesday for £159.99 incl. dish and LNB.

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
Just to let know. The Passion HD offer at Maplin is even better now. I cheched three boxes out today and all of them had a Passion+ receiver in it instead of a Passion one. So I decided to buy one. A real bargain for £159.99 if you ask me.

timpe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM1600
Firtec Star Passion
90cm USALS dish
My Location
S. England
Is the difference between the Passion and Passion+ firmware or hardware?

If it is firmware, does anyone know if a firmware upgrade will be possible to existing Passion receivers to allow PVR through the front USB socket?

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
timpe said:
Is the difference between the Passion and Passion+ firmware or hardware?

If it is firmware, does anyone know if a firmware upgrade will be possible to existing Passion receivers to allow PVR through the front USB socket?

The Passion + has a different mainboard with a new chipset that supports PVR functions via USB. It is not possible to get PVR funcionality on the standard Passion HD due to hardware limitations.

kosovac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star HD riciver
My Location
Serbia
OK, thank you a lot of the , and so I can watch HD channels on the receiver?

kosovac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star HD riciver
My Location
Serbia
How to watch Anixe HD, Astra HD +, HD ART on Astra 19e?

bograt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star innovation hd with 90cm motorised dish
My Location
oldham uk
i bought my innovation may last year and never updated software as would invalidate warrenty,the software is very buggy if you move the dish a few times it locks up and you have to turn power off and on to get picture back,this got steadily worse now im sending it back as the dish will only move east,if you go to hotbird its fine but to go back to astra it tells you its on astra but is actually stuck on hotbird and you have to nudge it to get it back.problems aside it has a very fast channel scan and once you worked it out the menues are quite good.

a_q

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NEC Plasma
My Location
UK Cambs
I have the passion+ and upgraded to the December 09 s/w, which seems a bit better, the EPG actually works reasonably well. However I haven't got the recording to work yet - it seems to record but playback lasts 2 seconds and then stalls. Anyone know what HDD's are verified as working OK? Is this a speed or format issue?

one thing that now happens is that sometimes you get no picture after changing channel, but that is resolved by putting it into standby and back again very quickly, so not a huge deal.

I have 2 dishes and it seems to cope with that quite well, might be better than using a motor mount.

surfin4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised satelite
My Location
ireland
i dont know if i am on the right thread but any advise would be appreciated, just bought passion + hd sat receiver want to buy a hard drive just to use as a basic recorder not worried about epg or pauseing live tv, just want a reliable good quality recordable function, was 1st advised by maplin staff to go for seagate 1 tb then found out the passion only went up 750gb, so using maplin website was advised seagate 640 gb external hard drive would be compatable, went into pick one up and was told it would not be compatable as you would need an external power source.........anybody with first hand experience that could recommend a hard drive (between 500 and 750gb) that would work and is realitively easy to set up as a novice at this, cheers.

bograt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star innovation hd with 90cm motorised dish
My Location
oldham uk
i have the innovation hd so have no idea about the passion but i did plug my 120gig external hdd into it and it would not have it so i suggest you borrow one first and try it see if it recognises it.
mines been fixed now and the epg is worse than before,all the channels are pretuned and over half wont work...took me a week to delete and retune the whole lot and manualy tune in the various satalites as with latest software its basicaly just a freeview box with motorised capabilities...ruined it they have.