Fortecstar playing movies from Usb memory stick

harvey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
warrington
can anyone help A OAP set up my USB on the FS 4400, when I plug in a stick it gives a list of films on it, but I cannot get any of them to play, what am I doing wrong.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If they were not recorded on the Fortecstar, then they are probably an incompatible format.

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
You should check the format of the files you have recorded. If they are on a USB stick, then you should be able to load them into a PC or at least get someone to help you. I know how difficult this can be for non-techies but I have posted a thread somewhere on this forum (if it hasn't been deleted) about the problems of transcoding files from one format to another and proggies you could use. If the USB stick can be read, then it is definitely a file format issue. Perhaps others can follow this up for you. The problem is solvable, it would just take a few more posts than this one. People on here are generally helpful. Ask again and good luck!