Freesat: Strange behaviour on Film4+1 - American Sweethard film cancelled.

• Thread starter UsernameIsValid
  • Start date
U

UsernameIsValid

I tuned into 28.2e last night and started to watch American Sweetharts on FilmFour+1.

The film schedule was:

2000gmt - 2200gmt - American Sweetheat
2200gmt - ????gmt - Monster in Law.

However, at 2100gmt, Film4 +1 stopped showing American Sweetheart half way through and changed to the start of Monster In Law! It dropped the final hour of the film. I changed to Film4 to check, and as expected it was showing Monster In Law.

I do not have a Freeview box, but use a Silvercrest SL65 (LIDL receiver). Perhaps, some fancy instruction from Freeview tells the receiver to change to another frequency to contine the rest of the film. I am at a loss.

1) Is this normal, and if so then what is the point of watching Film4+1 (or even Film4) when it does not show the whole film.
2) If this is abnormal, then how does one watch the whole film.

Has anyone any ideas?

Best regards, S.

Ps. To satisfy the mods, I am currently in the Netherlands... ;P

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I do not have a Freeview box, but use a Silvercrest SL65 (LIDL receiver). Perhaps, some fancy instruction from Freeview tells the receiver to change to another frequency to contine the rest of the film. I am at a loss.

Freeview is Digital Terrestrial.

Freesat (and Sky) Boxes don't switch to some other Frequency.

In terms of what you were watching, all boxes including generics will see the same product - so I suspect this was a playout cock-up by the broadcaster, nothing more.

U

UsernameIsValid

I meant a Freesat receiver not a Freeview receiver: It was a Freudian slip.

U

UsernameIsValid

I shall watch a film on Film4 tonight and report back if it happens again. Cheers.