Getting Premiere in UK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am a newbie and haven't bought a satellite system yet.

PC
*Athlon AM2 64 X2 4200+
*Foxconn A6VMX
*4GB PC6400 OCZ Gold 5-5-5-15
*Arctic Cooling (AC-FRZ-64P) Freezer64 Pro
*Geforce 9400GT 512MB- PCI-E
*Samsung Spinpoint F1-500GB SATA II
*Hi
My Location
Midlands, UK
Hi all. I am new to satellite TV and I want to receive English Premier League football. I haven't bought any equipment yet as I am still deciding on which service to subscribe to, but I hope someone can help me.

I have heard that Premiere have live rights to 320 Barclays Premier League fixtures for the 2009/2010 season. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, will there be any Saturday 3pm kick offs and will there be English commentary?

Also, what equipment would I need? I assume I would require a receiver that accepts Premiere smart cards. Can anyone recommend a good system and where could I buy the smart card (I live in the Midlands) and how much is it likely to cost?

I originally looked at buying a Technomate 5400 off ebay to get Supersport on Digitalb, but it seems that they don't even know themselves how many live games they will be showing next season (2009/2010).

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
620 beer tokens a year from marconi digital:

_http://www.marconidigital.com/product_info.php?cPath=349&products_id=1296&osCsid=94e09db11e613f1a4a184f369aea513a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am a newbie and haven't bought a satellite system yet.

PC
*Athlon AM2 64 X2 4200+
*Foxconn A6VMX
*4GB PC6400 OCZ Gold 5-5-5-15
*Arctic Cooling (AC-FRZ-64P) Freezer64 Pro
*Geforce 9400GT 512MB- PCI-E
*Samsung Spinpoint F1-500GB SATA II
*Hi
My Location
Midlands, UK
Thanx for the help guys. Think I'm getting somewhere now :)

McShiny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAB Explorer FTA + dish
My Location
Scotland
Hi, if this has been answered before feel free to point me in the direction of the previous thread...

I'm very very very keen to get the Junior channel (really not interested in any of the others). I already get the FTA channels, but they're full of advertising. I have a SAB Explorer FTA (which I think is an oplder model) and I have no idea how big my dish is, since I paid someone to put it in the roof.

Can anyone tell me what I would have to do to get this Junior channel?

Thanks!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
McShiny said:
I'm very very very keen to get the Junior channel (really not interested in any of the others). I already get the FTA channels, but they're full of advertising. I have a SAB Explorer FTA (which I think is an oplder model) and I have no idea how big my dish is, since I paid someone to put it in the roof.

Can anyone tell me what I would have to do to get this Junior channel?

If you can get other channels from Astra1 then your outdoor eqiopment is fine. SkyGermany broadcasts Junior in these encryptions
Betacrypt, Nagravision 3, and Videoguard and so your receiver would need to be swapped for something that allows insertion of the right card and CAM necessary for the channel.