getting started .

wilson.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing as yet im looking for advice to buy.
My Location
uk
Hello im looking to buy a technomate possibly a tm - 5400 ci super or something someone else could recommend for around 2oo pound mark im tottaly new to all this but very intrested and hopefully could learn from this site with help what i want from a box is possibly able to record 1 channel while watching another hd would be nice but neither essential and also ive been reading that certain technomates sold on a site you just plug in and can recive some discovery channels which would be great is this possible? or will i have to learn about descrambling ? hope some one can help me out or help me get started thanking you kindley wilson .

A nonymous

Reaction score
The only stuff thats open is on 1w and that will be going soon. Unfortunately the days of free encrypted sat TV are dwindling very quickly :mad:

I was fortunate to see the likes of Digtal+, TV Cabo, TPS, Premiere and many others before they all went over to tighter encryptions, those days are no long gone.

How long this is going to be the case is anybodies guess :-Nooo

The TM5000 series is a very capable receiver for the a newbie and they are fairly easy to use although only SD receivers.

I've no interest in HD so i couldn't guide you in that way although there are plenty more people here that will be able to give you a hand :)

:-beer

Nano

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The TM5400 (SD) is below £100 at the moment, the TM 6800/6900 (HD), are around the £200 mark and above.

BUT.. both are single sat tuner models, so recording one channel while watching another is not possible.

For that a twin sat tuner receiver is needed, or two receivers.